Need help replacing my front upper and lower control arms

TJMike97

Good morning!
So my bushings on all my front control arms have gone out. And my lower control arms are dented up pretty bad. So i would like to replace them all! i know i need 4 but are the upper control arms the same and the lower 2 are the same?

I also attached a JPG so you can understand. And what would yous recommended upgrading to? i dont wheel a lot and i use my TJ as a daily so i dont need anything beefy or strong.

Also attached a image of what i was thinking of buying.

Thanks this TJ forum has helped me out a lot recently!

tj_suspension.jpg

Screenshot (5).png

Need more info on current suspension set up and/or photos from underneath. Your profile lists a 3 inch lift but your looking at Crown replacement stock control arms. To answer one of your questions, upper control arms are not the same as the lower control arms. For the front you will need 2 upper and 2 lower of whatever you decide.

Reactions: Chris
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
If you just need stock control arms you can buy Moog arms and bushings for front and rear from Amazon for $262. Go to Moog’s website and put your vehicle information in and it will show you the parts you need.

Not all 8, there is 2 bushings you have to buy to press into the mount on the axle for the front upper control arms

Right, but those are always separate pieces as they aren't part of the control arms themselves, but the axle housing.

With a 3" spring lift you may want to get at least adjustable control arms for the uppers. I would go adjustable for upper and lower arms. If you are sitting on stock springs up to 2" spring lift then I would go with the above recommendations.
Core4×4 make a good product at good prices. A level 2, or even level 1 set of arms would be fine for a daily driver.

Reactions: rubicube