Need help with a JK

Plumber1

Tito's, Tacos and Trails
Supporting Member
Ok so I posted this question earlier today and got only one reply, now I know why some JK guys are here there is no action there 🤣 anyway this was my post

Today at 11:07 AM
my buddy just bought a 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock edition. It is currently on 33’s but he would like to up size to 35’s or 37’s how much lift is needed and what else is needed such as gear, axels, steering ?

thanks for any help

Reactions: Starrs
Ok so I posted this question earlier today and got only one reply, now I know why some JK guys are here there is no action there 🤣 anyway this was my post

my buddy just bought a 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock edition. It is currently on 33’s but he would like to up size to 35’s or 37’s how much lift is needed and what else is needed such as gear, axels, steering ?

thanks for any help
Chris knows a good bit I bet -

What transmission does the JK have?

I have a buddy running 37s on his JK (2 door). He has 2" lifted springs and no body lift. He has 4.56 gears which he say pairs really well with the 6 speed manual transmission. Personally, after wheeling with him many times, I feel he could benefit from a little more lift, maybe just 1". I'm not sure if JK guys run body lifts or not?

I have another buddy with a 4 door JK on 37s. I reached out to him for the specifics. I'll report back when I hear from him.

Shoot dang, I forgot that I have a third buddy with a JKUR on 37s. He's running the Mopar lift that comes with Fox shocks. I'm pretty sure it's 3", maybe fact check me? He's on stock 4.11 gearing with the auto trans but it's pretty doggy. I've driven his rig and personally wouldn't recommend that setup. Definitely needs deeper gears.

2.5" less than we need to run a similar wheel, i'd suspect.

steering is it's own headache. the JK tie rod is so freakin low it's not funny. if he plans to keep the axles maybe consider high steer knuckles.

the rear axle shafts should be 32 splines and the front is 30 splines. but the OE lockers are gettin harder to find parts for, start an "ARB rainy day coin jar".

My brother's JK with a 3.5" lift, flat flares and 35s. Even with stock gears, it has way more power and torque than mine.
WILLYS FLARES (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC) (2).jpg

Reactions: SvtLdr
What transmission does the JK have?

I have a buddy running 37s on his JK (2 door). He has 2" lifted springs and no body lift. He has 4.56 gears which he say pairs really well with the 6 speed manual transmission. Personally, after wheeling with him many times, I feel he could benefit from a little more lift, maybe just 1". I'm not sure if JK guys run body lifts or not?

I have another buddy with a 4 door JK on 37s. I reached out to him for the specifics. I'll report back when I hear from him.
He has an automatic

Reactions: SvtLdr
So it sounds like 37’s will get costly, if you need to do axel upgrades also. What is a good lift kit trying to stay away from all the cheap crap.

He has an automatic
I heard back from my buddy. His JKUR has the 6 speed. He's on 3.5" lift with 5.13 gears. He doesn't drive it much on the street so he went with lower gearing for the rocks.

I helped a good buddy do 4” lift to run 37’s on his JK. Everything else stock worked fairly well, but I think 4” is about right for the 37’s.

thanks for any help
Also if he is wanting 35s I’d recommend the aev 2.5” lift and 35” Ko2s or KM3s. He will need to find out if he had 4.10s tho. If he does he won’t need a regear. If he has 3.73s I’d go 4.56 since your swapping gears anyway. 35s would just require the lift if he has 4.10s already.

Also if he is wanting 35s I’d recommend the aev 2.5” lift and 35” Ko2s or KM3s. He will need to find out if he had 4.10s tho. If he does he won’t need a regear. If he has 3.73s I’d go 4.56 since your swapping gears anyway. 35s would just require the lift if he has 4.10s already.
Yes according to his build sheet he has 4:10