Need LED light and 04 Rubicon intro thread

How about these? Way too pricey...but after aquariuming enough Amazon lights I've probably paid for a pair.

FGXX_480001WT-IMG_001_P04_ANG_A__84115.jpg

https://www.bajadesigns.com/white-led-off-road-lights-s2-pro/
-Mac

You been holding out on us? How is this the only place you've posted these?

Fair question- a few glimpses have been shown but not much-

It started with wanting another auto, then an LJR Auto, but they got wild and scarce fast, and this one popped up.

Not sure why I’ve squirreled this little project away and kept it on the down low but I’ll come clean-

I wanted to do something different, and wanted to follow my own path- and this one seemed to have led me if that makes any sense- like I tell my remodel clients, sometimes the structure guides you -

Also, I didn’t want to be making choices because I thought guys only respected certain brands, or to impress anyone, or rush it to keep a build thread alive. Dad passing this summer just had me wanting something to be alone with, if that makes any sense.

This was always a geezer jeep- the top has never been off- and I wanted to try a different approach to any thing I’d had-

It has 81,000 miles, Auto, and is pretty clean, but not pristine by any means- I sort of like that, because you can relax a little with it, not be uptight if you get near a limb, etc.

I wanted it easy to get in, great to drive in town or off road, and very functional- the rack was on it and faded so I had it coated-

First it got all the usual mechanical service and repairs-

It has a 2” OME lift , Clayton Girro Arms, JKS links, ZJ Tie Rod, meatier sway bar bolt, johnny joints and currie mount at the front axle, ome stabilizer, adjustable track bars, all new sway bar bushings, chromoly rear axles, exogate, Bartacts with the Rubicon logo, bedtred in the rear- next it gets a slight tuck and ucf skid, savvy shift cable, aluminum winch plate painted to match the wheels, hawse fairlead then whatever aux lights- I’d like to dash mount a gps and run a back up camera to it. Heated seats need to happen.

It drives soooo good, the steering feels near rack and pinion. Rode a tad stiff, but has gotten better as the weight went up, the winch should make it just right.

The genrights were sort of an impulse buy (but honestly I love @Plumber1 s awesome white Rubi ) and now they are painted I’m pretty sure I want to put them on it vs. my 03.

2nd had the rack off for coating. I was dialing in my bump stops.

Lower was soon after I got it.

The jeep fits me like a denim jacket.

23D147E5-AA13-4142-AB29-3AEC432F67A7.jpeg

06F2AA72-AA5C-4753-9448-6A6120A94B86.jpeg

3555469A-9601-4B8D-B39D-51F7C06BBC63.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: John Cooper
4 on each side. Two in the outer section on each side, then drilled into the sub bumper on the upper left and lower right on both sides through the inner set of holes in the UCF.

I called UCF to get their input and using the additional bolts was their recommendation if towing or using the bumper for recovery.

I chose the hole location based on where I could get access to the back side to tighten the bolts.

Thanks Dave- makes total sense and inline with my thinking. Yours looks great.

Noticed you had some hooks on the frame too. Good option, especially if its ever on a trailer or rollback.

Fair question- a few glimpses have been shown but not much-

It started with wanting another auto, then an LJR Auto, but they got wild and scarce fast, and this one popped up.

Not sure why I’ve squirreled this little project away and kept it on the down low but I’ll come clean-

I wanted to do something different, and wanted to follow my own path- and this one seemed to have led me if that makes any sense- like I tell my remodel clients, sometimes the structure guides you -

Also, I didn’t want to be making choices because I thought guys only respected certain brands, or to impress anyone, or rush it to keep a build thread alive. Dad passing this summer just had me wanting something to be alone with, if that makes any sense.

This was always a geezer jeep- the top has never been off- and I wanted to try a different approach to any thing I’d had-

It has 81,000 miles, Auto, and is pretty clean, but not pristine by any means- I sort of like that, because you can relax a little with it, not be uptight if you get near a limb, etc.

I wanted it easy to get in, great to drive in town or off road, and very functional- the rack was on it and faded so I had it coated-

First it got all the usual mechanical service and repairs-

It has a 2” OME lift , Clayton Girro Arms, JKS links, ZJ Tie Rod, meatier sway bar bolt, johnny joints and currie mount at the front axle, ome stabilizer, adjustable track bars, all new sway bar bushings, chromoly rear axles, exogate, Bartacts with the Rubicon logo, bedtred in the rear- next it gets a slight tuck and ucf skid, savvy shift cable, aluminum winch plate painted to match the wheels, hawse fairlead then whatever aux lights- I’d like to dash mount a gps and run a back up camera to it. Heated seats need to happen.

It drives soooo good, the steering feels near rack and pinion. Rode a tad stiff, but has gotten better as the weight went up, the winch should make it just right.

The genrights were an sort of an impulse buy (but honestly I love @Plumber1 s awesome white Rubi ) and now they are painted I’m pretty sure I want to put them on it vs. my 03.

2nd had the rack off for coating. I was dialing in my bump stops.

Lower was soon after I got it.

The jeep fits me like a denim jacket.

View attachment 389076

View attachment 389073

View attachment 389075

This has been a mystery in the making, it has come a long way since I first saw it when picking up BB that Saturday morning. @AndyG has thrown us a few text messages with some pictures, but nothing like it looks now.

The first day I saw Vanilla Ice!
20221001_151445_copy_800x600.jpg

This has been a mystery in the making, it has come a long way since I first saw it when picking up BB that Saturday morning. @AndyG has thrown us a few text messages with some pictures, but nothing like it looks now.

The first day I saw Vanilla Ice!
View attachment 389079

@AndyG stole your fake Pintler wheels. Why? Confront him

• Haha
well those Aux beams are 4” but I don’t know about the white…. A little harder to source but would the OP be willing to go the full Monty and paint the rack white So it all blends in? :unsure:

1672844206219.jpeg

• Haha

This is really great AndyG. ! Too much of the time " group think " can squeeze the fun out of building something the way YOU want to build it.
I like your Jeep , but I love the build philosophy .

• Face Palm
Could do something like this with lights. This is a rack I built for a customer. I don't recall the dimensions' but I would guess around 3" tall.

What ever you end up doing, the lights need to be behind the top of the windshield line or have something along the bottom to keep the light off the windshield. If ya don't do that the lights are unusable with a dusty windshield.

20190120_104032.jpg

This is really great AndyG. ! Too much of the time " group think " can squeeze the fun out of building something the way YOU want to build it.
I like your Jeep , but I love the build philosophy .

Thank you -I realize nobody controls anybody on here-

But a good parallel is there was a very accomplished guitar player that wanted to record an album and he went into the mountains of China with no radio and brought no music and rented a house for a while- We are all influenced consciously or unconsciously or will make decisions based on what we think other people would approve of. He wanted to create from within.

I really gave a lot of thought about what I wanted short and long-term, And probably the hardest decision was the Clayton arms- Because I know a Johnny joint works - But I wanted high water and mud resistance along with low maintenance and complete silence- long term -And at the end of the day I simply wanted to try the product.

And I felt like the combination of things I was doing and had learned on here would create a handling characteristic that had a strong planted feel-

Not too many vehicles give the owner with average mechanical skills the opportunity to basically reconfigure the actual control and suspension system-

And with respect to the forum this forum has great value to a TJ owner and without it I could’ve never done it- it paved the way.

Last edited:
Could do something like this with lights. This is a rack I built for a customer. I don't recall the dimensions' but I would guess around 3" tall.

What ever you end up doing, the lights need to be behind the top of the windshield line or have something along the bottom to keep the light off the windshield. If ya don't do that the lights are unusable with a dusty windshield.

View attachment 389092

That is the position I just don’t want to do it with a bar- maybe 4-6 pods -

Rather than scouring the internet, wanted to start with you guys, because I value your feed back.

I wanted to recess lights into the bumper but that seems to be fizzling out based on extent of fab work to clear the cross tube.

My ‘04 has the rack, thinking of leds between the 2 perimeter frame pieces-

Not a light bar fan on TJs at all- but love some ideas- may even install plates to use flush mount lights.

As always,
Your Pal,
Andy G

“when I write my thoughts down on paper, not only do I realize how stupid they are, I notice I have really bad penmanship”

View attachment 388929
This is a really clean set up in my opinion.
4438F27F-9B20-43C4-8FC4-6D13090D84DB.png

Rather than scouring the internet, wanted to start with you guys, because I value your feed back.

I wanted to recess lights into the bumper but that seems to be fizzling out based on extent of fab work to clear the cross tube.

My ‘04 has the rack, thinking of leds between the 2 perimeter frame pieces-

Not a light bar fan on TJs at all- but love some ideas- may even install plates to use flush mount lights.

As always,
Your Pal,
Andy G

“when I write my thoughts down on paper, not only do I realize how stupid they are, I notice I have really bad penmanship”

View attachment 388929

“Looking for LED lights for my rack.”

And to think all this time I thought you were a male.