Need re-gear advice

Beepdoot99

So I’m planning on regearing. I decided after much research to go with 4.56. I have a 2.5 engine auto 30rh trans, and am going with 33 inch tires after gearing.

I can’t figure out which brand/manufacturer I should go with that is optimal for the price. I’ve been looking at gearing kits, so far what I’ve found were the Rough Country and Motive. I wanted to go with Yukon but can’t find those gears anywhere for my Dana 30 and Dana 35.

I can’t go with the Detroit Axle as its totally out of the price range.

need direction or experience with rough country or motive. Or any suggestions to something else that’s price friendly? Thank you in advance

Who is installing it? Go with whatever gear manufacture they will warranty, period.

Who is installing it? Go with whatever gear manufacture they will warranty, period.
It’s not a warranty type of deal. I’m having 2 master mechanics from my fiancées job do it. They know exactly to how do it but I’m left to decide on the gearing manufacturers

I would go with Motive. I wouldnt buy anything from rough country.

X2 to this. The last thing I'd ever do is trust Rough Country gears. As if the stuff they build isn't crappy enough as it is :LOL:

Motive is a decent manufacture. I havent had any trouble with them. I consider Revolution the best but not really sure why.

Revolution is a local company to me, i do believe the gearsets are made in the usa, so i will certainly support them. But like i said i havent had an issue or heard of any issues with motive.

Revolution is a local company to me, i do believe the gearsets are made in the usa, so i will certainly support them. But like i said i havent had an issue or heard of any issues with motive.
Alright. Maybe I should go with revolution then, I just looked it up, and I think I should just go with that since all you guys are recommending!

I didnt previously mention it because you mentioned something was too expensive so i figured budget was a concern. I do believe motive are a little cheaper than revolution.

I didnt previously mention it because you mentioned something was too expensive so i figured budget was a concern. I do believe motive are a little cheaper than revolution.
You are right I did say that. However looking at the kits it’s not that much of a difference in price. I’m just not able to spend over 1k on gearing at this moment :(

You are right I did say that. However looking at the kits it’s not that much of a difference in price. I’m just not able to spend over 1k on gearing at this moment :(
I just came across these on amazon and eBay. Does that seem like it’s right?

C09AD1F1-1C04-4EC5-BC14-DD29B2C477FC.png

67FB33BC-B0B6-4A55-A489-5CCE63E65070.png

What are your installers charging you? With that we can help you pick out the best gear set for the money that you have to spend.

The Revolution gears are made in South Korea by a company that everyone refers to as Circle K (I don't know the actual name of the company). Most quality gear sets not made in the US are made in South Korea. The only gear sets made in the US that I'm aware of are Dana's Spicer line. Lower quality gear sets come from India and China.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
The Revolution gears are made in South Korea by a company that everyone refers to as Circle K (I don't know the actual name of the company). Most quality gear sets not made in the US are made in South Korea. The only gear sets made in the US that I'm aware of are Dana's Spicer line. Lower quality gear sets come from India and China.
I stand corrected on COO.

Reactions: L J
If you or a buddy will not be installing the gears, do not buy them on your own to give to the installing shop trying to save a few dollars. Instead have the installing shop provide ALL of the parts. Every single one of them. That way if/when there's any type of problem during or after the installation they can't blame your parts. And there will be no warranty issues if the shop provides all of the labor and parts.

Reactions: CodaMan
What are your installers charging you? With that we can help you pick out the best gear set for the money that you have to spend.
The installers are not charging me as they are close friends. (I’m buying one friend a part for his Jeep as payment) I was hoping to spend around $700 max on gears