Need some horn improvement

Baltimoreed

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
As part of my Cj8/Tj build I want to remove the meep meep oem horn and use a pair of ‘69 Fury horns from an old Fury that I once had. If it had been a 2 door I would have kept it. I had them in my ‘84 Scrambler too. They have a good sound. Anyway, I removed the Tj horn and mounted the two Plymouth horns today, one on either side behind the headlights. Now the tricky part. Tell me if I’m right, I cut the green wire from the Tj horn connector and wire it to the slip on clips on both horns. The black wire is the ground for the old plastic Tj horn while my Fury horns will ground through the body and only need the one wire. Do I need to put an in line fuse between the green wire and horns or between the horns? Pardon my ignorance but mechanical stuff I can figure out, electrical stuff confounds me.

59FE79AD-9788-40BA-AFE3-CF6918B698E3.jpeg

7769B5CA-6774-46DF-A884-49BB296CABD7.jpeg

My horn connector shown in the left pix has a black and a greenish wire going to it. This was plugged into my Tj plastic horn. My understanding is the green is the + while the black is the ground. The green wire goes to the brass slip on clip on each horn. Horns will ground through the fender. Trying to verify this before I do anything.

What year is your TJ? Mine gets positive from the battery and grounds through the horn contacts in the steering wheel