Need to replace my ECM

Coop

Replacing my ecm where the best place to get a new one I have a 2005 tj
4.0 , automatic trans
Thank you

I had luck with FS1, there are threads here on the subject that will help with other options.

I ordered mine on the 11th - still nothing. Talked to customer service twice now - was told it would be here tomorrow, but the shipping never updated so I called again today and was told it would be here wed. Seeing it hasn't shipped, I'm calling BS. Not real thrilled.

I ordered mine on the 11th - still nothing. Talked to customer service twice now - was told it would be here tomorrow, but the shipping never updated so I called again today and was told it would be here wed. Seeing it hasn't shipped, I'm calling BS. Not real thrilled.
I can see why your upset I would be to I hope my order was shipped an not just bull s I will keep u posted thanks for the feedback

I wouldn't be thrilled about that either.

Maybe @wrangler6035 will chime in.

I got jerked around by FS1 also. They said it was in stock, took my money, and said it would ship the next day.
2 weeks later, I called and they told me it was on backorder with no estimated date. They seemed surprised when I asked for a refund. I finally got my refund another 2 weeks later (This was all a year ago).
I ended up getting one from ecmtogo.
https://ecmtogo.com/

The thing is, it turned out my old ECM was never bad. My problem was a shorted wire inside the plug of the ECM harness. I ended up keeping the ECM as a spare, just in case...

Last edited:
well the first girl I talked to bumped me to someone else - who said it'd be out to USPS Friday night/Saturday morning ... and then there was no movement on the tracking number, so today the girl I talked to even stopped short when she told me the one that gave me my information was 'just trying to get me off the-' and stopped herself. Kind of a kick in the teeth when that's my daily driver, and I'm stuck catching rides.

Reactions: Coop
Modules for gods or something like that has a lifetime warranty on the 05-06 auto TJ computers...you will have to search because I didnt find them when I was just looking but it was up on here or the Jeep forum about a month ago. Tim

Reactions: Coop
It's a shame to hear that about FS1. Anyone who knows anything about business in this day and age should know that customer service is what you're selling.

Bad news travels fast, and all it takes is a simple search in Google to dig up bad reviews like I'm seeing here.

It should be illegal to take money from a customer unless you physically have the product in-stock.

I'm just not sure what the story is. They gave me a line about how they were in the middle of moving, too and didn't know who was picking up the orders to be shipped. So again ... I don't know if that's what's going on or if it's just ... more BS.