Need to vent

Armytruck6x6

TJ Enthusiast
What the mother F-in F-in F F !!!!! God damn new motor needs to be pulled! Grrrrrrrrr, F-in F! Freeze plug on back of motor is F-in leaking!

Thx for listening!

• Angry
Reactions: TJ Starting
I just want to drive this f-in jeep for a bit! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Anyone want to buy a jeep?

I just had the same thing happen to me, but I pulled the transmission instead. I took the opportunity to put up a new flywheel and clutch and reseal the front of the trans. I also had to pull the intake and exhaust and replace those on the side of the block too. They were a pain in the arse for sure.

I just want to drive this f-in jeep for a bit! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Anyone want to buy a jeep
I just had the same thing happen to me, but I pulled the transmission instead. I took the opportunity to put up a new flywheel and clutch and reseal the front of the trans. I also had to pull the intake and exhaust and replace those on the side of the block too. They were a pain in the arse for sure.
i was considering that option too... i guess im mostly mad cuz i had the body off and it would have been fairly easy at that point. The motor is under warrantee, so is the rebuild shop gonna pay for my time? Doubt it! You can see from the pic, they changed one freeze plug but not both?! Curious which is leaking. I need to walk away for a few days before i take a hammer to the whole project. Im in doubt now that ill have it "on the road" for May 1st.... is what it is i guess, no point in crying about it! FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK ME !

Screenshot_20190409-190911.png

20190117_172753.jpg

Lol... ya, was sick of them taking up a tool box drawer and i couldnt open it cuz it was so heavy.

I just want to drive this f-in jeep for a bit! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Anyone want to buy a jeep

i was considering that option too... i guess im mostly mad cuz i had the body off and it would have been fairly easy at that point. The motor is under warrantee, so is the rebuild shop gonna pay for my time? Doubt it! You can see from the pic, they changed one freeze plug but not both?! Curious which is leaking. I need to walk away for a few days before i take a hammer to the whole project. Im in doubt now that ill have it "on the road" for May 1st.... is what it is i guess, no point in crying about it! FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK ME !

View attachment 87530

View attachment 87531

Seems like I would take the vehicle in and make them warranty it. That is bs in my book!

Update... called the company/ owner. He said run it... it will stop. Said 3 outta every 10 motors do that this plugs and sealant sets. Said it needs to get hot/ cold a few dozen times before it will stop. They were awesome to deal with and no worries on warrantee etc. I guess i will stop sharpening my knife lol. Thx for listening to my rant...

Update... called the company/ owner. He said run it... it will stop. Said 3 outta every 10 motors do that this plugs and sealant sets. Said it needs to get hot/ cold a few dozen times before it will stop. They were awesome to deal with and no worries on warrantee etc. I guess i will stop sharpening my knife lol. Thx for listening to my rant...

I personally have never heard of this. I just replaced all of mine and 1 leaked when I was done and I had to pull the intake and exhaust back off to fix it.

For your sake I hope they are right, but I have never heard of that. Keep me posted. I am really interested in this.

Did you ask, or did he volunteer why one plug was replaced, and not the other?

Either way... he is good with me running and not void anything. If it leaks really bad, back to the pull it plan.

Screenshot_20181008-100052.png

regardless if it was oil or water they all should have been replaced in my book, but whatever works. I am glad he will waranty it if it becomes a problem. Good luck let me know how it turns out. I would be curious to what kind of sealant he used.