Neutral vibration problem driving me insane!

Could it be throw out bearing related ?

It only happens when the A/C is on? Have you checked that clutch? How about the idlers in the serpentine system? There are two. That is the trigger for me. My A/C clutch makes a lot of noise and I can feel it when its on at idle. I'm sure the clutch is going, but I almost never use it, so no biggie to me. In Louisiana, its probably more important!

What kind of engine and transmission mount did you use? If poly then that is the "problem" (or is exasperating the issue) as those mounts transmite all the engine noise and vibration to the chassis, especially at idle, and smooth out as you drive.

You also mention that the engine shakes at idle, if it is visibly shaking at idle that needs to be addressed. Not surprised that changing the harmonic balancer did not change anything since the balancers job is to balance out the torsional stress imparted on the crankshaft from the pistons and if the balancer is bad the vibrations usually get worse with RPM's (and the crankshaft has a very shortened life).

It sounds like you need to address the shaking engine at idle and the rest will correct itself. I see in your original post that you have not messed with the fuel system. Try running a can of seafoam thru the engine to see if that smooths out the idle as well as making sure there are no vacuum leaks.

What rpm does it idle at and does that rpm change when you turn on the AC?

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Good News! I Replaced the transmission mount one more time and it seems that the vibration is 85% better now. I am extremely happy with this. I would have never thought that the new mount would have had so many issues. Thanks for all the help guys! JEEP ON

Reactions: Apparition