New family member

The 2012 JK I had last had the 3.21 axle ratio, and with the newer engine and auto tranny was actually quite pleasant to drive. With the 255/75-17 tires, it still would go 80 on the freeway easily, and got 17-20 mpg, so it was no slug, even with the 3.21 axles. 2-door Sport, though. I know the Unlimiteds are heavier...

Nice color. Happy wife, happy life.

Reactions: StG58
Looks great and reminds me of my Chili Pepper Red.

Thank you, Frank. It is a nice color, isn't it? The wife has kinda-sorta wanted one for a very long time. We looked at a JKUR the first year they came out that was a Rock Red Metallic something or other color (wife calls it Brick Red) that she absolutely fell in love with. It's not a Rubicon, but she's thrilled anyway.

The 2012 JK I had last had the 3.21 axle ratio, and with the newer engine and auto tranny was actually quite pleasant to drive. With the 255/75-17 tires, it still would go 80 on the freeway easily, and got 17-20 mpg, so it was no slug, even with the 3.21 axles. 2-door Sport, though. I know the Unlimiteds are heavier...

Nice color. Happy wife, happy life.

Thanks, glwood. You're right about happy wife and happy life. This thing has a lot more zip and stop than the TJ, and is way more comfortable to boot. It's a pretty cool rig all around so far. I can see why they can't keep them in stock at the dealerships. And why you can't swing a dead racoon without smacking one around here. I'm salivating about all the used spare parts in about ten years or so. Especially since all the mall crawlers are convinced they need a Rubicon for when it rains and they want to go get a Starbucks or something.

It surprised me to learn that the JKU's only weigh in at about 4,100 pounds configured like the Wife's. That's really not all that bad. It's not an overweight rig by any means.

Reactions: Chris