New guy checking in

Newbie as well. Just got my 2004 Rubicon a week ago and found you guys. Can't wait to get it muddy. Count on me picking your brains on a regular basis until I get up to speed! That being said, I do have one question. Is there and automatic sway bar disconnect available for the TJ. Thanks. Mike
Currie Antirock. Better than any disconnect.

Reactions: Chris
Not the same as stock, but there are different settings, where you can find the best combination of on-road control and off-road ability to keep your tires on the ground. Search the Antirock threads on here, you'll see a lot of information. There are no 'push-button' anti-sway bar disconnects as are on the JK for TJs. With the Antirock, you adjust to a bit more lean in cornering in exchange for never having to disconnect or re-connect links off road again.

I believe others will chime in with more personal testimonies of using the Antirock system.

Thanks. I was looking at the Antirock. But their website says on-road handling is no where near stock. What's the opinion on that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup, I agree with @glwood. It doesn't corner as flat as stock, but I've been daily driving mine pretty regularly on the second to loosest setting. It drives fine for me in the twisty mountain roads and on the flats. And when you come across something like this in the mountains you don't need to disconnect anything to keep traction.

C05aqvxQm-oh2nnNQoR45YHMJFB92T-rpM_3BXM6zMFLilMkPTsgckn-mkPV1b6PhzveFQ0uX8CxmuPslN=w1449-h815-no.jpg

That was actually on a pretty darn steep hill even though it looks nearly flat. I was headed back down it when I took the pic.

Reactions: Chris
Hey there and welcome aboard! Also a Kalifornia resident so my condolences as well but since we do have pretty much every type of land feature imaginable for wheeling . . . it almost balances out, almost. Great group here, lost ok knowledge and none of the technical issues that the other site has going for it currently, plus much nicer people IMO. Seeing MrBlaines reply reminds me that I need to order some brake pads until I can pony up for the whole upgrade.

Reactions: UpperMI and Chris