99TJ - Old New Guy... New Old Guy, Maybe...

SuperWade2

Supporting Member
Howdy All... new member to this forum... not really new to Jeep... or Jeep Forum(s) in general... Was a member of one of the other big sites since 2005 or so...haven't spent much time on there in a few years. Some old timers on here might remember my Screenname, if so, please take it easy on this old guy.

Still have 99TJ Sport, bought new in '99, Wife drove for a few years as her DD then I started messing with it, now she doesn't like driving it (so she drives the 2020 Unlimited Sport). The TJ has been pretty much parked and used for garage storage unit for quite a while but I'd like to try to get back into wheeling.

Honestly don't remember all the stuff that i've done over the past 22+ years but it still has original 4.0L and 32RH with just over 50K original miles... running replacement Dana 44's Front and rear, 4.56's with ARB's, 4.5" RE Long Arm Lift (...that I've never been happy with but don't get me started), and a bunch of Savvy Armor and Bumpers (I was Guinea pig for some of the early TJ stuff that Gerald and Blaine did).

This is probably the last time I was out a couple years ago at Hollister Hills SVRA in Hollister, CA (about an hour from home not too far from Santa Cruz, CA)
1hCFcB4.jpg

Welcome!!!! I think you will like this forum. Full of knowledge and good vibes. No a holes. Mods are very positive and affective. ;)

Reactions: Hog
Welcome and it's awesome that you're the original owner. You see less and less of that these days. Even more impressive that you only have 50K miles on the Jeep. Lots of personal stories with this one I'm sure, which makes it invaluable! (y)

Welcome to the forum! I have had the privilege myself of Blaine working on my TJ, and I’m happy I did.

Great looking TJ!

Welcome to the forum! I have had the privilege myself of Blaine working on my TJ, and I’m happy I did.

Great looking TJ!l
Thanks, my Jeep has been down at Blaine’s once for some work several years ago. Someday, I still have dreams of being able to afford to have him dial in a mid-arm suspension, Savvy Under Armor and Hydro assist steering for me but that dream has been quite a long time in “hopes and dreams” stage.

Thanks, my Jeep has been down at Blaine’s once for some work several years ago. Someday, I still have dreams of being able to afford to have him dial in a mid-arm suspension, Savvy Under Armor and Hydro assist steering for me but that dream has been quite a long time in “hopes and dreams” stage.
Yep, that’s what he just got done doing to mine a few months ago. It drives like a dream come true.

As soon as I saw Scotts Valley and your login I recognized you. Welcome to the new best TJ forum around. Now we just need to get that Monterey guy and the Fresno guy over here.

As soon as I saw Scotts Valley and your login I recognized you. Welcome to the new best TJ forum around. Now we just need to get that Monterey guy and the Fresno guy over here.
Yeah, I see quite a few familiar names over here. I stopped visiting that other place quite a while ago when it seemed to start drying up.

Now just need to find time to get the rig ready to go wheeling again… think the rear main probably needs replacing as it’s sat so long, thinks have kind of dried up and started leaking some.

Reactions: bobthetj03