New old guy in Alaska

AlaskaTJ

Howdy, Been using the forum as a resource for a few months so thought I would hang out for awhile. 70 year old Alaskan who has been offroading entire life. Started out as a kid tearing the bodies off old fords leaving the frame, engine, seats and gas tank basically and riding the trails in the woods. Snowmachines in winter and have more miles riding them than any other machine. Used Argos in summer and 3 wheel atvs until the 4 wheel models arrived. Then got into OHVs, built some lifted Ford trucks with huge Ag tires. Then went back to highly modified Yamaha atvs for riding, fishing and hunting. Was going to buy a side by side and modify it then figured out a jeep was pretty much the same thing and had more aftermarket parts available haha I wanted a TJ that was already modified and lifted so it would save me some work. Kind of hard to find a heavily modified one but finally found a Black 2003 Rubicon that was close to what I wanted. It's in my garage finishing up a new paint job after doing some body work and replacing parts and adding this and that I figure I can't live without. I know how it goes with these offroad machines- buy this buy that and it never ends. My Grizzly ATV costs 8K but I got over 12k more sunk into it ha. Bought the TJ for winter use- it has a heater haha getting old. Don't plan to ride it in summer as still prefer my atv. I've been stuck, broke down, wrecked, drowned and stranded on trails more times than I can remember. Been on hundreds of vehicle recoveries, lot of fun and really enjoy those. Lived in the Arctic for half my years and moved down to southcentral Alaska and built a house 25 years ago. Live on a river in a valley with hundreds of miles of offroad trails in my front yard. Will post up piks of my TJ in a few weeks when I get it put back together. Cheers