New guy looking for suggestions

Not sure if this is the look your going for but I running the 2.5" OME suspension lift, then a 1.25" JKS body lift, and 33s.

20181216_090748.jpg

I would skip the brush guard and get a good bumper. What do you want to ultimately do with it? What is your budget? You can put in some lunchbox lockers to get you by. I would look at how much lift you want compared to your tires you plan on installing. Stay away from a long arm kit for now. Do some homework and lots of reading before you decide on anything firm. Regearing is necessary if you are going to bigger than 31" tires, that is about $1k for parts and labor alone. What part of Utah are you in? I am in the north Ogden area. Tim

I also am new to the forum, and I have a fairly stock rig. I am a high school student so I am building it up with the little cash I have. I am wondering if it is worth it to get bumpers and rock sliders before a lift.

What @FergieRay suggested is a awesome way to run 33 inch tires. I got all the parts at once with the zone 4.25 combo lift kit. Just letting know that if u go up to that size expect to have to get a regear and the extra costs with that. If u want to build it over time starting with a body lift and 31 is a good option. A 2-2.5 inch lift and 32 inch tires is another good option. You combine the body lift and the suspension lift and u can fit a 33 down the road.

Now I’m looking to put some beefier tires on, maybe a lift, brush guard, locker, and a few small things like oh shit handles and what not.

I really don’t want to go overboard as this is my daily driver as well, but I would like some tasteful upgrades. But I don’t know where to begin. Pics below and thanks for any info and suggestions. As for budget, it’s similar to my idea for the Jeep itself. I don’t want to break the bank but I don’t want to go cheap either. Thanks.

My advice is to get a nice set of 31" tires and make sure you have a compressor to keep them at the correct pressure when you hit the trail. I think a lift is really just there to make the tires fit and 31s will fit without a problem. I've run that size for over 100,000 miles on my current Jeep. Some people get caught up with tire sizes and lift heights instead of investing in a locker and I think that's a mistake. See where a good set of all terrain tires like the General Grabber ATX or the BFG KO2, set at the right pressure, take you. I know some people do things for looks or stance but I think keeping it as close to stock as possible makes for a good daily driver, higher resale and fewer headaches in the long run.

Reactions: FergieRay