New member, first Jeep

Frank M

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hi everyone,
Just recently bought my first jeep, a 2006 Unlimited Rubicon. I've been looking for a while to get one and after a looking at a few bought this one. I had to drive to the Hollywood Maryland area to get it from just outside Philadelphia.Most of the ones I looked at near me had a lot of rust.
Now I'm getting started on making some changes to get it like I want it. Now the spending starts.
IMG_0162.jpg

Welcome to the forum, Cant got wrong with RED looks like you have the winch and front bumper sorted.
The spending does indeed start now....we can help you there..Maybe some new rubber shoes for your baby ?

Can't go wrong with an 06 Rubicon as your first Jeep, well done!

Got any big plans for it?

Is that bumper and side-steps / sliders something that came on it?

Planning on going either with 33" or 35"
The jeep is how I bought it with those bumpers and side steps/sliders they look to me that someone made them themselves the rails are welded to the frame

Yeah, definitely not a fan of that bumper or the rails, but other than that, it looks good!

My advice is to start by going over your TJ carefully and making a list of all mechanical, electrical and maintenance needs and then prioritizing them. With mine, I ripped out all of the crappy wiring the former owners did (looked like they were angry beavers) and rewiring or completely removing the components correctly. Fluids were all replaced to get a baseline maintenance. From there, it got expensive. Great first Jeep. Check u-joints, tie rods, ball joints, belt, hoses, leaks, cooling system etc. You will have fun.

Reactions: Frank M and JMT
Welcome! Nice Unlimited, and my favorite color!

My advice is to start by going over your TJ carefully and making a list of all mechanical, electrical and maintenance needs and then prioritizing them. With mine, I ripped out all of the crappy wiring the former owners did (looked like they were angry beavers) and rewiring or completely removing the components correctly. Fluids were all replaced to get a baseline maintenance. From there, it got expensive. Great first Jeep. Check u-joints, tie rods, ball joints, belt, hoses, leaks, cooling system etc. You will have fun.

Thanks. I did start to go go through to check for issues as far as mechanically. I did find a few issues with the wiring previous owner had done just trying to sort those out.

To really properly assess it we need the keys , title and address. Be sure it's parked where a roll back can get to it. Thanks , glad to help.

Cool! We are running behind !!!

Congratulations man

Welcome! Whereabouts in bucks county are you? I live in Montgomery county. Maybe I’ll see you on the streets