New Member from Colorado

RockyMtnTJ

Supporting Member
Recently picked up this 2003 and almost immediately started planning the build. Coming from the JK world there's going to be a learning curve... 4"+ lifts? body lifts? tummy tucks?... and wait... did someone say BODY mounted rockers?o_O Looking forward to getting back on the trails!
20200831_170232.jpg

Great looking TJ, looks very clean and the half doors are a big bonus too.

You just have to decide how much you feel comfortable spending, because I can help you pretty easily spend 30-40k in no time at all 😉

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Great looking TJ, looks very clean and the half doors are a big bonus too.

You just have to decide how much you feel comfortable spending, because I can help you pretty easily spend 30-40k in no time at all 😉

Ain't that the truth! I had always thought HDs were expensive... then I bought a Jeep.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
Ain't that the truth! I had always thought HDs were expensive... then I bought a Jeep.

Owned several HDs. Jeeps have them beat by a long shot in terms of parts and how deep you can go down the rabbit hole!

Thank you everyone for the welcome! Suppose I'll need to start a build thread here shortly. I've already started with the low hanging fruit... Removed the decals/badges added by the PO, uninstalled the hi-lift and hi-lift mount he had bolted to the rear bumper... and the nerf bars, yup those are gone as well! In turn, I've added 1.25" seat risers, Bartact seat covers, new carpet (Bedrug), hand throttle, GPS, and the CB is on its way! I think one of my next tasks will be figuring out what to do about that 2.72:1 transfer case... :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwi TJ