New member from Norway

No, but I am a Friend. Glad you are here. We are a very helpful site. I would like to see some pics of your Norwegian adventures. It is Gods Country with Jeeps included. "Don't get no better than that." (Saying from Texas)

Thanks, always looking for friends in the jeep community. Ill remember to take pictures next time im out off-roading with my jeep. This site has been really helpful, there is so much information it's almost overwhelming.

Im glad you like Norway. I would really like to visit the US one day, your country is so big you have everything. Im afraid i would not last long in the Texas heat tho, i work at least 6 months a year on a trawler north of svalbard as far north as we are able to get with a boat before the ice gets to thick. My body is not climatized to hot weather:p

It can get hot here. I seen 100 Degrees on the Gulf coast (Humidity) to 120 in the Big Bend area of Texas (No humidity).
But we live in different climates. I truly would be in discomfort in cold temperatures in Norway. You live in a truly beautiful country, far from the West Texas Desert. Please post some Pics.

Reactions: Goop
Thanks, always looking for friends in the jeep community. Ill remember to take pictures next time im out off-roading with my jeep. This site has been really helpful, there is so much information it's almost overwhelming.

Im glad you like Norway. I would really like to visit the US one day, your country is so big you have everything. Im afraid i would not last long in the Texas heat tho, i work at least 6 months a year on a trawler north of svalbard as far north as we are able to get with a boat before the ice gets to thick. My body is not climatized to hot weather:p

It's not too bad November-March... at least in North Texas. Sometimes we even get a freak snowstorm! Just plan your visit for when temperatures won't be so bad.

Alternatively, I have a classmate who moved from Russia to go to grad school here and she moved from St Petersburg to Texas in the middle of the hottest summer we've had in 100 years. If she survived, so can you! It's bad, but everywhere has AC inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not too bad November-March... at least in North Texas. Sometimes we even get a freak snowstorm! Just plan your visit for when temperatures won't be so bad.

Ill remember to plan my trip accordingly

It can get hot here. I seen 100 Degrees on the Gulf coast (Humidity) to 120 in the Big Bend area of Texas (No humidity).
But we live in different climates. I truly would be in discomfort in cold temperatures in Norway. You live in a truly beautiful country, far from the West Texas Desert. Please post some Pics.

Here are some pictures from work.
P1010698.JPG IMG_0224.JPG _MG_0027_2.JPG _MG_0030 - Version 2.jpg _MG_0032_2.JPG _MG_0039_2.JPG _MG_0040_2.JPG

Reactions: TJ John
Dude!!! I'm so pumped to see a Norwegian! Ha. Kinda jealous of you as I have always wanted to live there. I'm coming from Minnesota US so I'm guessing my winters are like yours -40*F sometimes. I had a foreign exchange friend growing up and I picked up a few sentences ha. I had an SE too.! Very capable rigs if you build them right! (If you want to switch countries for a month let me know haha).

Dude!!! I'm so pumped to see a Norwegian! Ha. Kinda jealous of you as I have always wanted to live there. I'm coming from Minnesota US so I'm guessing my winters are like yours -40*F sometimes. I had a foreign exchange friend growing up and I picked up a few sentences ha. I had an SE too.! Very capable rigs if you build them right! (If you want to switch countries for a month let me know haha).

They dont get quite that cold where i live, ive seen temperature that low at work tho. From what ive read about Minnesota it seems like a nice place.
Im happy whit my SE, it would be more fun with the 4.0L but they are really rare and expensive in norway. Im hoping to start building it as soon as some parts start arriving. I drive the car on the road so need to be really picky with parts and get as many tüv approved parts as possible since the Norwegian DMV is a pain in the ass to deal with. If i get pulled over with a lift kit or tires that's not been approved and stamped in the car title, i get ordered to bring the car to a DMV inspection and if i still use the tires and lift that's not tüv approved they confiscate my plates. It really sucks but i need plates on the car to drive to and from trails.

Ill let you know if when i can switch countries :)

Reactions: dylansalrin
So I guess that means no doors and top off on the road, also? [emoji22]

Hello from switzerland
The tüv here is also crazy
They don't accept a 2 inch body lift.

Markus

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Hello Markus, i think most countires in europe follow the tüv standrad.
I dont know the lift limit in norway, i just ordered a 2" OME liftkit with tüv.

Nooooo...you called it a ...car? Lol. Welcome to the community.

Thanks. I wont make the mistake of calling it a car again, from now on ill do my best to only refere to it as a Jeep lol.

So I guess that means no doors and top off on the road, also? [emoji22]

I can drive it with the top off, im not sure about the doors tho.

Reactions: Chris
Oh man... You've got to experience it with the doors off (and the top off at the same time), let me tell you!