Arizona New OEM Ford Taurus Fan (two-speed)

MikeE024

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Price
Genuine Ford Taurus electric fan (two-speed) for the Ford/Lincoln/Mercury 3.8L (part # F4DZ-8C607-C)

This was the only new OEM Ford 3.8L Taurus fan I could find online. It was never installed because I changed up my intercooler plans and kept the Mopar fan.

My brief research shows a used OEM going for $140 and knockoffs going for $140-$183.

Asking $160 (free shipping to lower US 48 states)

TY - Michael

Update: I don't think this will fit a 4.0L, but my understanding is that it will fit the 2.5L engine. I believe some folks have used it with a V8 swap, but I don't know if that's correct or what V8s it will mate well with.

IMG_0219.JPG

IMG_0218.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0220.JPG

IMG_0221.JPG

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0226.JPG

Last edited:
How thick is it?

Took some measurements on a flat table.

- 1.4" in the corner, and it tapers up from there.
- The tallest point of the shroud is 3.75"
- The tallest point of the motor is 5.0" at the center nub (which is 0.375" more than the motor areas marked at 4.625")

Fan measurments.jpg

IMG_0219.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: SkylinesSuck
Finally got around to measuring. I think it's too thick for me. *Maybe* if the motor is offset from center enough it might work, but it's so close it would have to be test fit in person. Would this have fit your setup before the intercooler piping? Merry Christmas btw!

Finally got around to measuring. I think it's too thick for me. *Maybe* if the motor is offset from center enough it might work, but it's so close it would have to be test fit in person. Would this have fit your setup before the intercooler piping? Merry Christmas btw!

Merry Christmas man hope you had a good day with the fam :)

I never took it out of the box because my alternative heat exchanger idea allowed me to keep the radiator configuration stock...rather than moving things closer to the engine like I originally planned.

I'll measure things in the engine bay again and DM you with the details.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
Updated the following info in the ad:

I don't think this will fit a 4.0L, but my understanding is that it will fit the 2.5L engine. I believe some folks have used it with a V8 swap, but I don't know if that's correct or what V8s it will mate well with.