New Ride

TWiG01

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
So I had been tossing around the idea of selling my 69 Camaro for a few years. I finally made that decision a few weeks ago and picked up a new project/weekend car last week. It’s a 2013 Mustang GT Premium with just 13k miles. I have big plans for this car and it’s exactly what I was looking for. Even still smells new. *Note my TJ in the background

5E29112C-7B39-4C0D-BE1B-A6E2EFE736F0.jpeg

1DF33F05-371F-4D15-8D0D-13A72968F610.jpeg

CD04AF40-FFE7-43E9-AEDA-B923736B9DA5.jpeg

FDC6AE82-9B76-4474-9045-F388187B4BE1.jpeg

Did I read that first sentence right? If so, why would you ever sell a car like that?!

Did I read that first sentence right? If so, why would you ever sell a car like that?!
I owned the Camaro for 13 years and it was wonderful, but it just doesn’t hold a candle to modern fuel injection and 420hp from the factory. Thanks can hop in that Mustang
Right now I can drive anywhere without worry. I never had that with a 50 year old car

Reactions: jeepguy03 and Irun
I owned the Camaro for 13 years and it was wonderful, but it just doesn’t hold a candle to modern fuel injection and 420hp from the factory. Thanks can hop in that Mustang
Right now I can drive anywhere without worry. I never had that with a 50 year old car
I guess for me, no new car makes me feel the way an old one does. They’re beautiful in a way that’s been lost.

I guess for me, no new car makes me feel the way an old one does. They’re beautiful in a way that’s been lost.
I do agree with that, but this Mustang was one of those cars for me that was my dream car. Still possessed some of the simplicity from days of old (solid rear axle and V8) while combining modern fuel injection, brakes and lighting. Topped off with the late 60s styling, albeit heavily modernized. If I still have this car in 15-20 years I think it’ll be worth what I paid.
If not more.

I just recently sold a 1969 Camaro I've owned since 1980. This is a very true statement! (y)

• Wow
Reactions: BlueC and TWiG01
Nice ride! With minimal work you can be at 6 - 700hp, while running AC and setting in comfort. I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Reactions: TWiG01
Nice ride! With minimal work you can be at 6 - 700hp, while running AC and setting in comfort. I look forward to seeing what you do with it.
Thanks, That’s the goal eventually. I ordered a UPR catch can for it the other day. That’s about it so far. Lol

Reactions: 1o1proof
So I had been tossing around the idea of selling my 69 Camaro for a few years. I finally made that decision a few weeks ago and picked up a new project/weekend car last week. It’s a 2013 Mustang GT Premium with just 13k miles. I have big plans for this car and it’s exactly what I was looking for. Even still smells new. *Note my TJ in the background

View attachment 316754

View attachment 316755

View attachment 316756

View attachment 316757
69 Camaro for a 13 Mustang? No thanks.

The old iron becomes more of a ornament than a useable vehicle and the setting is not good for them, I have a 1978 Silver Anniversary Corvette that has 35,000 miles on it that my dad purchased new. Every time you want to take it out its a crapshoot on what is gonna work or need to be worked on to get back home, I picked my wife up in it on our first date in 1979 and she always loved the car but she is skeptical about riding in it now.

The old iron becomes more of a ornament than a useable vehicle and the setting is not good for them, I have a 1978 Silver Anniversary Corvette that has 35,000 miles on it that my dad purchased new. Every time you want to take it out its a crapshoot on what is gonna work or need to be worked on to get back home, I picked my wife up in it on our first date in 1979 and she always loved the car but she is skeptical about riding in it now.

Daily driven old iron.
20160501_192124.jpg

I have an 81 Corvette I bought 23 years ago, put maybe 3500 miles on it since then. Now on my lift with a flat tire that won't plug to hold air. Really don't want to drop $1000 for a new set...I am just too lazy to sell it.

Nice car!

I like old cars, but daily driving one is a different ball game, especially on long highway trips. I love my TJ, but there is a reason I didn't daily it on my previous 100 mile round trip commute, and a TJ is modern compared to many older hot rods.