New TJ owner with questions about lift, wheels, and tires

No. If the rear is pushed too far for your liking, a relocation bracket works great for around 20 bucks.
That. It's a matter of taste. It will move some to the passenger side, whether you can live with the offset is whether you correct it or not. It won't hurt to drive it without centering the axle for a 2" lift.

Reactions: KCsTJ
With the auto you will get vibs. You will need to lower the tc or better yet get adjustable control arms. 4.5-5” backspacing on 8” rim with choice of 31-33” tire.

Gibby this is my 2002 Sahara with 2" spacers still sitting on the 30" factory size tires. I did add a Daystar 1" transfer case drop. Im still running original shocks with no problem, But I will be adding new Rancho RS5000X soon.
My plan is to run 32X11.50 - 15 on factory Ravine wheels. My results so far have been great and under $100

2002 Jeep Sahara.png

Reactions: Gibby
I'm sort of one step ahead of you. 90% in it for the looks, got the RC lift kit 2.5" with 1.25" body lift. Installed it. Not happy with the gaps it creates, but other than that great so far. Will get pics later. Now in the process of understanding the wheel/tyre-packages, backspacing and the mechanics of all that s**t :rolleyes:

I installed the RC 2.5 lift on my 2006 TJ and 1) the installation was easy and 2) it has allowed me to run 33 inch tires with no issue.

I had another question, what about the 2 inch coil spring spacers ,whole lot cheaper..... would I be able to get away with my stock shocks and not having to fool with an adjustable track bar ? Probably planning on running 32 11.50 /15x8 really don’t wanna have any probs with fender rubbing,I don’t really plan on 4 wheeling much, mainly just to make it look good
If you haven't made a decision yet, I have a budget boost with shocks for sale here.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/2”-rubicon-express-budget-boost.11289/

I went with a Pro Comp 2" lift kit, shocks and springs and then put on 32X11.5R15's and it runs great. Smooth ride on and off road. Good performance, still reasonable gas economy. I'm run 3.73's 44 LSD in rear 30 up front, I go out in the desert a lot and it gets me where I need to be. I go up to Mount Charleston in winter with snow and no issues. I used to stock 8" rims, The lift kit was about $380 and another couple hundred to install.

Reactions: Gibby
I went with a Pro Comp 2" lift kit, shocks and springs and then put on 32X11.5R15's and it runs great. Smooth ride on and off road. Good performance, still reasonable gas economy. I'm run 3.73's 44 LSD in rear 30 up front, I go out in the desert a lot and it gets me where I need to be. I go up to Mount Charleston in winter with snow and no issues. I used to stock 8" rims, The lift kit was about $380 and another couple hundred to install.
Love the way your Jeep turned out,I would like mine to look the same but I was just wondering if you had to do any other modifications to it such as transfer case drop ,and track bar relocation brackets also ,did you add any bump stop ? I would really like to get my Jeep lifted as soon as possible but I just wanted to make sure I have everything I need before I get started ,thanks in advice !

Love the way your Jeep turned out,I would like mine to look the same but I was just wondering if you had to do any other modifications to it such as transfer case drop ,and track bar relocation brackets also ,did you add any bump stop ? I would really like to get my Jeep lifted as soon as possible but I just wanted to make sure I have everything I need before I get started ,thanks in advice !
All I did was the Shocks and springs. 2.5 almost 3" lift. I like it runs great. Didn't have to do anything else. The tires don't rub at all. The 32"s fit the stock rims fine. You can do the lift yourself.