1. Want to have your TJ featured as the August 2018 "Ride of the Month"? The winner will receive a $200 gift card from Metalcloak! Click here to submit a photo of your TJ. Submissions are accepted until July 20th!
    Dismiss Notice

New to me Rubicon

Discussion in 'New Member Welcome Area' started by mattcogdell, Jul 11, 2018 at 8:50 AM.

1. mattcogdell

mattcogdell New Member

A while back I purchased a 2005 Rubicon. The older gentleman that I purchased it from did not know much about the jeep. He purchased it from the father of the original owner several years prior. The original owner did all the upgrades to the jeep after purchasing it but passed away due to health reasons. His father then kept the jeep in the garage for several years before deciding to part with it. Upon buying it I realized it had a body lift and the whole tub had been professionally linex. The older gentleman stated he thought all jeeps came linex. After purchasing it I replaced the old tires with new STT Pros (285/75/16). I am now trying to figure out if the jeep has factory springs or if it is in fact only a body lift. Can anyone help with this?
    IMG_7461.JPG IMG_7464.JPG IMG_7466.JPG IMG_7491.JPG IMG_7599.JPG IMG_6211.jpg

JMT likes this.
  2. glwood

glwood TJ Expert
    Supporting Member

Very nice Rubicon, congratulations. You can determine if it has a spring lift by measuring the coil springs, top to bottom, not including the rubber isolator, at ride height. Stock is 8" rear, 12" front.

3. Chris

Chris Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm a bit partial to that color. Looks like an awesome buy though!

4. mattcogdell

mattcogdell New Member

Thanks. I spent right at a year looking for exactly what I wanted. Looked a ALOT of jeeps in the time. Thankfully this one came with a few extras. Also factory hard top, a soft top, and factory color matching half doors. I'll measure them this evening!

JMT likes this.
  5. mattcogdell

mattcogdell New Member

IMG_7722.JPG IMG_7723.JPG Front apears to be 14" and rear 10"
    Are those factory bump stops?
    Also the front has a heavy winch and bumper so without I'd say it maybe exactly 14" front.

JMT likes this.
  6. Rob5589

Rob5589 Rust•eze Bumper Ointment certified dealer
    Supporting Member

Nice Rubicon, and welcome to the forum.

7. Ranger_b0b

Ranger_b0b Rust Belt Heavyweight
    Supporting Member

Looks to be a 2" lift from springs and around a 1" body lift. That is about what I'd expect, based on the fender gap and tire size. Nice Jeep!