New to me TJ with issues

The axle is what’s 3/16 off center. I’m not sure exactly how to install the track bar to take care of the 3/16 and or not get it more off center.
I fixed the sway bar because I didn’t have anything else to work on 😂. The bushings were shot and not holding the bar at all. I added the clam shell clamps also. Figured why not 🤷🏼‍♀️

The axle is what’s 3/16 off center. I’m not sure exactly how to install the track bar to take care of the 3/16 and or not get it more off center.
I fixed the sway bar because I didn’t have anything else to work on 😂. The bushings were shot and not holding the bar at all. I added the clam shell clamps also. Figured why not 🤷🏼‍♀️

Disconnect one end have someone push against the body or frame , use a load lock like truckers use or a ratchet strap.

Reactions: John Cooper
Once you set the bar length if it is hard to get the track bar bolt in turn the steering wheel, that will move the axle some -

Once you set the bar length if it is hard to get the track bar bolt in turn the steering wheel, that will move the axle some -

I have a problem.. Who ever put that rubicon express track bar on it drilled the frame hole out. The track bar I ordered won’t work. The tapered studs too small.

Last edited:
I have a problem.. Who ever put that rubicon express track bar on it drilled the frame hole out. The track bar I ordered won’t work. The tapered studs too small.

They sell a tapered insert I believe-I can’t remember the different scenarios- Worst case you can go back to Rubicon express or call them and ask them how to get it back to stock . Ive seen a tapered insert.

I’m getting ready to go to town and purchase this:
https://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-es3203l

The end that screws into the shaft is the same as the end on the one that came with the track bar. Only difference is the tapered stud is much larger being 0.594 to 0.703 which should work in the 5/8 hole they drilled. It’s only 5 miles to go pick it up so I figure it’s worth a shot.

I’m getting ready to go to town and purchase this:
https://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/moog-es3203l

The end that screws into the shaft is the same as the end on the one that came with the track bar. Only difference is the tapered stud is much larger being 0.594 to 0.703 which should work in the 5/8 hole they drilled. It’s only 5 miles to go pick it up so I figure it’s worth a shot.

Cool, you need a taper bit at some point or get a sleeve machined so it doesn’t rock in the large hole.

May be time to start looking for a stock mount.

Just took it out for a drive, drives like a new one! I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart! I couldn’t have done it with out all your knowledge!
4AC8C52B-7308-45ED-889D-61BB367009FE.jpeg

Reactions: AndyG
Just took it out for a drive, drives like a new one! I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart! I couldn’t have done it with out all your knowledge!
View attachment 366124

You need to pat yourself on the back for reaching out and asking questions and getting under that thing and chasing everything down

You will always better know how to deal with it now because you have a better understanding of the mechanicals

Good job and we’re so happy that you got it dialed in.

You need to pat yourself on the back for reaching out and asking questions and getting under that thing and chasing everything down

You will always better know how to deal with it now because you have a better understanding of the mechanicals

Good job and we’re so happy that you got it dialed in.

Here’s the final list:
Power Steering Pump
Gear Box
U-Joints
Pinion seal
Tie Rod Ends
Drag link
Pitman arm
Ball Joints
Camber Bolts
Lower control arm bracket
Track bar