New to the forum Hello everyone!

Yeah a 12.50 would do pretty good that would definetly give a wider look. I want about the same thing but that's hard to accomplish with metric tire sizes. 325's and up start getting mighty expensive haha.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

You're telling me! I currently run 285/75r16 tires so I am stuck with metric as well haha. We are in the same boat!

You're telling me! I currently run 285/75r16 tires so I am stuck with metric as well haha. We are in the same boat!
285's ain't bad at all. Plus you don't have quite as much lift as I do either do you? And yeah I wish they didn't skip inches when it come to some tires. Hell a 34x12.50 would be perfect. I don't understand why the skip a solid inch in those measurements anyways. And I work at a tire shop. I think the metric system is starting to take over the old style I see alot.more metrics than I do inches nowadays.

The two other tire sizes I've considered when I need new tires are:

315/75R16 = 34.6x12.4R16
295/75R16 = 33.4x11.6R16

However, it's like you said, I don't know why they skip an entire inch, it's just stupid.

All I see these days is metric stuff, you're right. With my 16" wheels there's basically nothing at all that isn't metric for them.

The two other tire sizes I've considered when I need new tires are:

315/75R16 = 34.6x12.4R16
295/75R16 = 33.4x11.6R16

However, it's like you said, I don't know why they skip an entire inch, it's just stupid.

All I see these days is metric stuff, you're right. With my 16" wheels there's basically nothing at all that isn't metric for them.
I'm considering 315's but if I do I'm getting some 17x10's that should fill out that 315/75 nicely. Main wheel catching my eye is this:
ae4262cb03c0637a80671749c8dc2b59.jpg

I like that machined black fuel mavrick and the 17x10 has a 2 1/2 inches deep lip as well so that would solve my offset issue that I have now and give me the size boost and width boost I need without modding much of what I have now except maybe a regearing.

Yeah inch system is dang near impossible to find something suitable for a 16. You can't still get decent sized tires for 15's. but you've got massive amounts of tire and small wheels, and if your anything like me you like and equal amount of tire as you have wheel.

That's a good looking wheel, I like it! It will probably look good in a 17" too.

Yep, it's dang near impossible to find something for a 16". Well, I can find tires, but they're limited and they only come in certain sizes.

I also like the right amount of wheel / tire / wheel gap, my current setup looks great actually with 33" tires and 4" of lift. I am about to add my 1.25" body lift though for the tummy tuck, so we will see!

That's a good looking wheel, I like it! It will probably look good in a 17" too.

Yep, it's dang near impossible to find something for a 16". Well, I can find tires, but they're limited and they only come in certain sizes.

I also like the right amount of wheel / tire / wheel gap, my current setup looks great actually with 33" tires and 4" of lift. I am about to add my 1.25" body lift though for the tummy tuck, so we will see!
Yeah I lucked up when I found the set of 16's I got now especially in the tire brand I wanted it felt like destiny haha! That'll go good together it'll definetly give you more ground clearance for the trails! I'm not a big fan of body lifts but I'm sure with your setup it'll all pull together very nicely! I'm running drop plates in my Trans plate right now it and my sye kit and cv shaft is all that's cutting out my drive train vibrations. I've tried removing the drop plates but I still get some vibrations unfortunetly. So I put them back on. I haven't run across a situation yet to where I've bellied out yet so I'm gonna wing it with that setup until the need arises for more belly clearance. My main issue so far has been bottoming the axles out after a few passes in the same hole, but I'm sure the more trails I ride the more the need for belly clearance will arise!

Yeah I lucked up when I found the set of 16's I got now especially in the tire brand I wanted it felt like destiny haha! That'll go good together it'll definetly give you more ground clearance for the trails! I'm not a big fan of body lifts but I'm sure with your setup it'll all pull together very nicely! I'm running drop plates in my Trans plate right now it and my sye kit and cv shaft is all that's cutting out my drive train vibrations. I've tried removing the drop plates but I still get some vibrations unfortunetly. So I put them back on. I haven't run across a situation yet to where I've bellied out yet so I'm gonna wing it with that setup until the need arises for more belly clearance. My main issue so far has been bottoming the axles out after a few passes in the same hole, but I'm sure the more trails I ride the more the need for belly clearance will arise!

I have no choice but to add the 1" body lift as it's the only way to tuck the transfer case and gas tank up out of the way for more ground clearance. So the body lift is a must, but it's a small one and only to talk the transfer case and gas tank.

I haven't actually had any issues with my belly clearing, so this is mostly just something I am doing for the foreseeable future. I've also probably been taking it easy as to avoid knocking that factory skid plate (more like shovel) on anything.

Reactions: MikeM
I have no choice but to add the 1" body lift as it's the only way to tuck the transfer case and gas tank up out of the way for more ground clearance. So the body lift is a must, but it's a small one and only to talk the transfer case and gas tank.

I haven't actually had any issues with my belly clearing, so this is mostly just something I am doing for the foreseeable future. I've also probably been taking it easy as to avoid knocking that factory skid plate (more like shovel) on anything.
God yes it is a shovel!!! Can't tel you how many times I've taken a hammer and knocked loose dried clots of dirt the size of baseball's and pushed out of my skid plate! I keep it up and I'll have a small desert in my back yard! And yeah I understand why you need the body lift now especially if you plan on doing more with it it would be a good investment especially if you come across a really nasty trail!

God yes it is a shovel!!! Can't tel you how many times I've taken a hammer and knocked loose dried clots of dirt the size of baseball's and pushed out of my skid plate! I keep it up and I'll have a small desert in my back yard! And yeah I understand why you need the body lift now especially if you plan on doing more with it it would be a good investment especially if you come across a really nasty trail!

Yep, I'm not a fan of body lifts at all, but there's no way to talk the transfer case and gas tank without a body lift, unless you want to beat the shit out of the tunnel (which I would rather not do, haha).

Anytime I get mud in the transfer case shovel I take it to one of those self wash car washing places and blast it all out with a pressure washer.

Yep, I'm not a fan of body lifts at all, but there's no way to talk the transfer case and gas tank without a body lift, unless you want to beat the shit out of the tunnel (which I would rather not do, haha).

Anytime I get mud in the transfer case shovel I take it to one of those self wash car washing places and blast it all out with a pressure washer.
Haha transfer case shovel. I'll keep all that in mind as well if belly in out becomes an issue for me. I would like to get into more trail riding but I need to find some decently close trails in my area. I don't know of many places I can ride. Now that I think about it idk what catches more mud that skid plate or the gas tank skip plate. I looked under mine the other day out of curiosity and it's packed in all the way to the top lol.

Haha transfer case shovel. I'll keep all that in mind as well if belly in out becomes an issue for me. I would like to get into more trail riding but I need to find some decently close trails in my area. I don't know of many places I can ride. Now that I think about it idk what catches more mud that skid plate or the gas tank skip plate. I looked under mine the other day out of curiosity and it's packed in all the way to the top lol.

Yep, that's why I'm going to tuck everything under there as much as I can, so hopefully it makes the whole shovel effect a little less. Of course that ends up being more expensive than one would initially think!

Yep, that's why I'm going to tuck everything under there as much as I can, so hopefully it makes the whole shovel effect a little less. Of course that ends up being more expensive than one would initially think!
Isn't it always? Lol breaks my heart (or makes my wallet cry) every time I price something I want or think about getting. But it's always worth it in the end. Can't think of any other vehicle I'd rather spend this kind of money on!

Isn't it always? Lol breaks my heart (or makes my wallet cry) every time I price something I want or think about getting. But it's always worth it in the end. Can't think of any other vehicle I'd rather spend this kind of money on!

Same here! I always just start something thinking it's going to cost X much, but it ALWAYS ends up costing more, especially with a Jeep. Change one thing on these things and you have to change a million others! Oh well, it's worth it in the end.

Same here! I always just start something thinking it's going to cost X much, but it ALWAYS ends up costing more, especially with a Jeep. Change one thing on these things and you have to change a million others! Oh well, it's worth it in the end.
Same here I try to look at all the options beforehand and set up a budget so I know what I'll need if I decide to go with what I'd pick. Can't tell you how long I searched forum after forum looking for setups and seeing what I liked and didn't like before I went with what I got!

Thank you ron and Kevin I appreciate it! It's nice to know your hard work is appreciated by others!

Reactions: Chris
@HunterSmith2003TJ

I would like to throw my hat in the ring for getting you some of these future mods. PM me a list and I will see what I can do for you. Have lot's of great deals available that fit within what you are describing. Nice looking ride so far. Btw, stay at 17" rims, if you upgrade to 35s. IMO 18s would start looking funkie. <<< again just me.

I want about the same thing but that's hard to accomplish with metric tire sizes. 325's and up start getting mighty expensive haha.
You also do not want to get into the "E" range for load capacity either. Those would ride pretty stiff, even at 28 psi.

Have a blessed and prosperous day!

Allen

I'm considering 315's but if I do I'm getting some 17x10's that should fill out that 315/75 nicely. Main wheel catching my eye is this:
I like that machined black fuel mavrick and the 17x10 has a 2 1/2 inches deep lip as well so that would solve my offset issue that I have now and give me the size boost and width boost I need without modding much of what I have now except maybe a regearing.

I don't know where you were looking at these, but, looking at Fuel's site, there is not a 17x10 in a decent BS'ing. You are looking at 5" or 4.5" BS in the TJ pattern. If you plan on going to a 12.5" tire, you should do 4" BS max. 3.75" would be better.

Fuel Maverick D537 17" wheels

I don't know where you were looking at these, but, looking at Fuel's site, there is not a 17x10 in a decent BS'ing. You are looking at 5" or 4.5" BS in the TJ pattern. If you plan on going to a 12.5" tire, you should do 4" BS max. 3.75" would be better.

Fuel Maverick D537 17" wheels
The 17's are my consideration if I go with the 315's I'll probably look into something else if I decide to go with 35's if I did do them I would probably go with 18's and maybe a different wheel

Reactions: Chris