New Zealand Roadtrip to New Plymouth and Taranaki

Wow. Just wow. Beautiful trip - thanks for posting, Dude.

No worries… wish I could have got my TJ up there …potential ROTM backdrop. 🤔. Lol
It’s all protected land like most of the national parks over here ..good to hike through but nothing with an engine

Yeah it’s only down the road a bit …. 4.5 hours from you 😂😂

One quick question, how did you manage to relocate your rear license plate from the rear jumper to under the tail light? What parts did you need and what modifications did you do to the tail light to illuminate the number plate?

I would like to do the same.

One quick question, how did you manage to relocate your rear license plate from the rear jumper to under the tail light? What parts did you need and what modifications did you do to the tail light to illuminate the number plate?

I would like to do the same.

Mine was already done when I got it however with mine it has a plate holder and a light under the brake light to light up the number plate.. ( or you’re not getting a WOF…. Very easy to do.. found this on Temu.
image.jpg

And this is how my plate is mounted
image.jpg

Reactions: AutoCrat
How long would it take to drive NZ end to end?

It’s 1300 miles end to end and about 34 hours driving… there are only freeways in the major cities the rest are winding roads
Plus 3.5 hours on a ferry between the islands

Mine was already done when I got it however with mine it has a plate holder and a light under the brake light to light up the number plate.. ( or you’re not getting a WOF…. Very easy to do.. found this on Temu.
View attachment 481370
And this is how my plate is mounted
View attachment 481371

Thanks for the pics. I will have to source that tail light and the wiring harness to make it work.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
It’s 1300 miles end to end and about 34 hours driving… there are only freeways in the major cities the rest are winding roads
Plus 3.5 hours on a ferry between the islands

It's been on my bucket list for about 20 years. There's a lot of things in the world I want to see but only about 3 countries where I want to just see all of it. New Zealand is one of them.

Yeah but please keep in mind our motorways do not have well organised rest facilities along with toilets to compliment massive choice of delicious junk food restaurants 😂. It’s pretty much BYO most of the trip 😀.

That’s why I cook and eat off the back of my Jeep… easy as. Plenty of scenery to check out