News + current events

“That’s a good kingpin”

I'm sure I could look it up, but do yall know what a tractor like that weighs? I'd guess in the 20,000 lbs range, but that's guessing. Either way that's a lot to load and leverage on that pin.

I'm sure I could look it up, but do yall know what a tractor like that weighs? I'd guess in the 20,000 lbs range, but that's guessing. Either way that's a lot to load and leverage on that pin.

Probably pretty close.

Reactions: BlueC

'It was like an assault on my nose'- Man details horrible odor coming from his date's BBL... as surgeons reveal why women struggle to keep clean after enhancing their bottoms​

• Women may not realize before getting a BBL the impact it will have on hygiene
  • Reaching around a larger backside and wiping well is difficult, doctors say
  • READ MORE: America's 'suffering a BBL epidemic', doctors say

1709666263733.png

The Brazilian butt lift (BBL) silhouette is unmistakable and exceedingly popular, now most associated with the Kardashians and Instagram influencers.

But in the quest for a perfectly plump bottom and shapely thighs, women may overlook its effect on personal cleanliness.

A recent TikTok video inspired a site-wide dialog among men about the ‘BBL smell’ that meets them during intimate moments. His post, where he says the smell was ‘like an assault of my nose,’ has garnered more than 3.5 million views, 152,000 likes and thousands of comments with both men and women confirming the odor and explaining the reasons behind it.

There was a general consensus on where to place the blame. Women, including those who have undergone BBLs, said that a larger backside is simply harder to keep clean after using the restroom.

The male TikToker who goes by the username @donpsoundsoff, set the app aflame with his first-person account about going on a date with a woman with a BBL who, later in the evening, when undressed, emitted a smell that suggested she had not wiped properly or washed that area well enough.

It sparked several reaction videos from women on the site.

@PrettyRealist said: ‘When God created us, he gave us arms. All of our arms [are] made specifically for our body. You probably have a hard time wiping your a** properly because your body is a little bit wider than your arms are allowing you to reach in that area.’

Dr Roger Tsai, a board-certified plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills, confirmed the theory in a video disclosing ‘two secrets that Instagram models don’t want you to know about their BBL.’

He said: ‘Wiping down there is gonna be a lot more difficult because there’s more to reach around. So if you’re around somebody with a BBL and they smell…’

Plastic surgeons typically give their patients fair warning about difficulties in the bathroom. Sitting is not allowed for about two months after undergoing a BBL, though sitting on the toilet for a relatively quick bathroom break is ok.

Many physicians recommend bidets to wash the area thoroughly. Otherwise, it may take some ‘painful yoga maneuvers,’ according to one Reddit user who recently had a BBL.

They said: ‘As far as wiping goes, the butt cheeks themselves are super hard and plump immediately following surgery as your body is recovering,’ which makes each buttocks harder to separate.

‘Alternating leg lifting and bending over in various ways- and a sizable wad of toilet paper to really get up in there. I always alternate between toilet paper and baby wipes multiple times to make sure I'm clean before painfully squeezing back into the surgical compression garment that has to be worn 23/7 for 6 months.’

It's unclear whether trouble in the bathroom is a large enough drawback to convince people not to undergo the surgery, though it doesn’t appear to be.

According to a survey by the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the number of BBLs performed globally increased by nearly 78 percent from 2015 to 2021.

But while it has seen a meteoric rise in popularity, the procedure is considered one of the riskiest out there, with one in every 3,000 patients dying from complications.

And because many women go overseas to get a cut-rate procedure, follow-up with the doctor who performed it is minimal or, in most cases, nonexistent.

In fact, the British Association of Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery advised UK surgeons in 2018 to avoid performing it altogether.

But it didn’t matter - women are so determined to achieve a fuller backside that they are willing to cross borders and put their lives at risk.

Thousands fly yearly to foreign destinations like Brazil, Turkey, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, and India to get the procedure.

A BBL involves a surgeon harvesting fat from the hips, lower back, abdomen, thighs and other areas via liposuction.

That fat is then reinjected in certain points on the buttocks with a cannula, or long metal tube.

But it’s hard for doctors to see exactly where they are injecting the fat and it could be mistakenly pumped into the gluteal muscle, which can inadvertently introduce fat particles into blood vessels.

These fat particles can travel through the bloodstream and block blood flow to vital organs including the heart, leading to a condition called fat embolism syndrome.

Fat embolism syndrome can cause symptoms such as shortness of breath, chest pain, confusion, and even respiratory failure or cardiac arrest.

This can also cause nerve damage in the area where the fat was injected, leading to paralysis of the lower extremities, chronic pain, and impaired mobility. Additionally, injecting fat in deep tissue raises the risk of infection.

The risk of complications and potentially deadly after-effects have convinced some plastic surgeons to stop offering the service altogether.

Dr Lara Devgan, a New York City-based board-certified plastic surgeon, said: ‘This is my litmus test, my personal golden rule of plastic surgery: If you wouldn’t let your mother or sister or brother have a procedure, you shouldn’t let your patients either.

‘The Brazilian butt lift is an operation that I do not perform any longer, because the mortality data speaks for itself. The risk-benefit calculus simply does not add up.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wellnes...l-women-struggle-clean-enhancing-bottoms.html

• Haha
https://nypost.com/2024/02/29/us-ne...yer-in-subway-station-after-weeks-on-the-lam/

A 23-year-old with eight prior arrests was busted in the shocking caught-on-video bottle attack on a New York City subway cellist and she was promptly cut loose Thursday despite pleas that she be held on bail.

Hunter also had a bench warrant out for her arrest in two cases involving petit larceny, according to the Manhattan DA's Office.

Her last arrest was in October on grand larceny charges for allegedly stealing two bathing suits worth $2,050 from Bergdorf Goodman, sources said.

She also was arrested twice for assaulting her mom in 2019, sources said.

Hunter has failed to appear at three of her five court dates in other criminal cases last year.

Hunter attacking Forrest.

Hunter is well-known to police with eight prior arrests and was last taken into custody in October for theft.IainSForrest/X

Hunter attacking Forrest.

On Wednesday, the young Brooklynite was charged with assault.

thursday-afternoon-amira-hunter-leaves-77426759.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: JMT and BlueC

NYC subway cellist attacker arrested again for allegedly stealing pricey baseball cap​

The 23-year-old woman busted last week in the caught-on-video bottle attack on a subway cellist was arrested again Tuesday after a judge released her despite pleas that she be held on bail.

Amira Hunter was busted for petit larceny at the Nordstrom in Midtown at 3:40 p.m. for supposedly stealing a $235 Moncler baseball hat, police said.

Amira Hunter on surveillance footage.

Hunter was captured by the NYPD Wednesday evening, 15 days after she allegedly attacked Iain S. Forrest, 29, while he was performing “Titanium” by Sia in the station.
A witness called 911 to report the alleged theft, the authorities added.

The latest arrest comes less than one week after Hunter was nabbed for allegedly bashing cellist Iain S. Forrest in the head while he was performing in the Herald Square subway station on Feb. 13.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/06/us-ne...in-for-allegedly-stealing-pricy-baseball-cap/

• Angry
A company aiming to bring extinct animals back from the dead said it has taken an elephant-sized step toward genetically resurrecting the woolly mammoth, a wild if contentious goal to repopulate the Arctic tundra with a missing titan.

Colossal Biosciences, a biotechnology company based in Dallas, announced Wednesday it has produced a line of Asian elephant stem cells that can be coaxed to transform into other types of cells needed to reconstruct the extinct giant — or at a least a mammoth-like elephant designed to thrive in the cold.

“It’s probably the most significant thing so far in the project,” said George Church, a Harvard geneticist and Colossal co-founder. “There are many steps in the future.”
For proponents, bringing back vanished animals is a chance to correct humanity’s role in the ongoing extinction crisis. Breakthroughs in their field, they say, may yield benefits for animals still with us, including endangered elephants.

Eventually, the company wants to genetically edit a nucleus of a stem cell with mammoth genes and fuse it into an elephant egg. From there, if everything goes according to plan — still a big if — they will implant the embryo in an elephant surrogate and wait for it to give birth.

And perhaps more profoundly, there is the question of how a mammoth, if born, will learn to behave like a mammoth. “Most of the mammals and birds that are being talked about have complex social and cultural interactions that have been lost,” Cobb said. “They are not simply their genes.”

Modern elephants, for instance, are highly social beings, passing down knowledge about the location of watering holes and other survival skills from one generation to the next. Their ancient cousins may be similar. “They’ve got no elders to raise them, to teach them,” Browning said. “They’re got no way of learning how to be mammoths.”

And any living surrogate elephant meant to gestate and give birth to a new mammoth will go through some degree of hardship. “How many dead elephants are we willing to have to get one woolly one?” said Tori Herridge, a paleobiologist specializing in ancient elephants.

Colossal said its long-term goal is to use artificial wombs to gestate the animals, itself a tall technological task.

One of Colossal’s overarching arguments for bringing back the mammoth is climate change. Scientists at the company say future Arctic herds can stomp down permafrost and prevent more of it from thawing and releasing atmosphere-warming carbon into the air.

“They’re a lot of reasons to restore that environment to what it was,” Church said. “This is the keystone species that’s missing for that.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/othe...ving-mammoths-what-could-go-wrong/ar-BB1jqP44

• Face Palm
A company aiming to bring extinct animals back from the dead said it has taken an elephant-sized step toward genetically resurrecting the woolly mammoth, a wild if contentious goal to repopulate the Arctic tundra with a missing titan.

I remember hearing about this project about a year ago, but nothing since then. I can't imagine anything that could go wrong. :rolleyes:

For proponents, bringing back vanished animals is a chance to correct humanity’s role in the ongoing extinction crisis.

I don't get the want-to-be-god-like perversion of these people thinking they are so fucking special, and that they have to "save the world" from the world. Is it a hero complex or something?

On a side note, if successful, would you eat it? Would it be classified as fake meat? GMO meat? Is Gates involved? 🤔

I remember hearing about this project about a year ago, but nothing since then. I can't imagine anything that could go wrong. :rolleyes:

I don't get the want-to-be-god-like perversion of these people thinking they are so fucking special, and that they have to "save the world" from the world. Is it a hero complex or something?

On a side note, if successful, would you eat it? Would it be classified as fake meat? GMO meat? Is Gates involved? 🤔

beta&t=YJFJIFn2MgCPgZYNYJ07Y5eEfm7stszBrx9cQ4dMG2g.gif

The Mammoth went extinct 4,000 years ago possibly due to the warming climate so we going to keep them in air conditioning?

Scientists aren't sure exactly why woolly mammoths went extinct: Some think that humans hunted too many of them, and others believe that they couldn't survive Earth's naturally warming climate. Or, it could've been a combination of both.

After thorough testing I'd consider a mammoth steak.

Reactions: Shank and BlueC
View attachment 507185

The Mammoth went extinct 4,000 years ago possibly due to the warming climate so we going to keep them in air conditioning?

Scientists aren't sure exactly why woolly mammoths went extinct: Some think that humans hunted too many of them, and others believe that they couldn't survive Earth's naturally warming climate. Or, it could've been a combination of both.

After thorough testing I'd consider a mammoth steak.

There are way better models for why the woolly mammoths went extinct.

I got in trouble because we have Beta Club doors, which is the honor society, and we decorate doors and stuff for holidays.”

Daniels’ friend, who is not in the Beta Club, helped her decorate the door. The substitute teacher thought Daniels lied about the friend so they could miss some of their class.

“That substitute was mad at me because she said I had lied to her face, even though I misunderstood everything that she was saying.”

That was on November 26th. Daniels says the principal, Eric Willis, didn’t address the incident until a week later when she was given two options.

“Your two punishments are either in-school suspension, ISS, or in my case, licks, which that’s corporal punishment,” Daniels said.

In-school suspension wasn’t an option because Daniels couldn’t miss work, or college credit classes at Chipola College. She reluctantly chose corporal punishment.

“Mr. Tim proceeded to grab, I’ve never seen a paddle like this, but it’s a gigantic wooden paddle. I had to bend over the desk, and then he hit me twice and it stung so bad.”

No female staff member was present to witness the punishment. Daniels says Principal Willis hit her so hard it created welts that turned to bruises.

“They were kind of giggling, laughing like they didn’t even care. I just felt disgusting, kind of like they got off from it.”

https://www.mypanhandle.com/news/lo...nt-paddled-in-school-over-a-miscommunication/

• Wow
Spanking that chick was wrong and bull shit. As a parent, I'd be on them like white on rice, and finding some SJWs to picket at their house.

in-school suspension, ISS

I did plenty of time there. :sneaky: Frequent flyers got to choose morning or afternoon, sometimes both. :LOL:

Reactions: RINC
Multiple photo agencies, including Reuters and AP, have pulled a new image of the Princess of Wales from circulation over concerns that it has been "manipulated".

The picture in question was released on Sunday morning to celebrate Mother's Day and shows Kate surrounded by her and Prince William's three children: Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.

The image was initially circulated by a number of picture agencies but on Sunday night at least two withdrew it and told media outlets to "kill" the photo from their systems and archives.

GIV6w3UWsAIXywh?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Associated Press also updated its website to inform journalists and broadcasters that the picture was being "killed".

The updated caption read: "At closer inspection, it appears that the source has manipulated the image."

Kensington Palace had provided the photo to agencies and said it had been taken by the Prince of Wales earlier this week.

Kensington Palace has declined to comment.

The picture and message came amid speculation about Kate's health following a brief hospital stay in January.

Kate was admitted for "planned abdominal surgery" on 16 January, exactly a week after her 32nd birthday.

The following day, the Palace said the operation was successful and Kate stayed in hospital until 29 January, when she was discharged home to Windsor.

https://news.sky.com/story/picture-agencies-pull-kate-photo-amid-manipulation-concerns-13092352

1710110779841.jpeg

27114591b632f74dbf33dbe0f097a001.jpg

Eight children and an adult have died after eating sea turtle meat on Pemba Island in the Zanzibar archipelago, and 78 other people have been taken to hospital, authorities said on Saturday.

Sea turtle meat is considered a delicacy in Zanzibar but it periodically results in deaths from chelonitoxism, a type of food poisoning.

The adult who died late on Friday was the mother of one of the children who succumbed earlier, said the Mkoani district medical officer, Dr Haji Bakari. He said the turtle meat was consumed on Tuesday.

Bakari told the Associated Press that laboratory tests had confirmed all the victims had eaten sea turtle meat.

Authorities in Zanzibar, which is a semi-autonomous region of the east African nation of Tanzania, sent a disaster management team that urged people to avoid consuming sea turtles.

In November 2021, seven people, including a three-year-old, died on Pemba after eating turtle meat and three others were hospitalised.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ar-after-eating-sea-turtle-meat-chelonitoxism

• Sad
Ford agrees to pay the gov't $365 million fine for ducking cargo van tax with fake rear seats

There's a 25% tax on imported cargo vans, Ford bolted cheap seats in the back of Transit Connect vans made in Turkey so that they'd be taxed 2.5% as passenger vans, while intending all along to remove the seats after importation. So I guess your cargo vans are either about to cost +22.5% or you'll have to throw out the shitty rear seats yourself.

DOJ statement

Ford fined
Mizer praised the settlement as a 'victory for American taxpayers', and to 'combat trade fraud and ensure compliance with United States trade laws.'... 'Companies that attempt to evade customs duties with sham representations and workarounds will not be rewarded,' he added.

Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General Brian M. Boynton, head of the Justice Department's Civil Division, said after the settlement: 'Importers have an obligation to truthfully declare the nature of their products and pay the duties that are owed.

'The government will not permit companies to evade duties by adding sham features to their products and then misclassifying them.'

'This settlement, which is one of the largest customs penalty settlements in recent history, demonstrates that U.S. Customs and Border Protection will pursue even the largest companies to ensure that all importers follow the rules,' added Senior Official Performing Duties of the Commissioner Troy A. Miller of CBP.

'Our intent is to enforce the customs laws fairly, which means that non-compliance is not an option for anyone.

'The partnership between CBP and the Justice Department provides a critical safeguard to protect the revenue of the United States.'

• Face Palm
  • Wow
Reactions: Zorba and BlueC