Nikki's yellow throwback Jeep

I really look forward to seeing what you do, you have a flair for getting one set up well. I'm picky and a little bit handy with vehicle fix ups, and was like - "man , I want that " once I saw what all you did and how it turned out . Thorough, original and functional.
A97DCA98-D200-4962-ACD2-2088C8059499.gif

Reactions: Vasq and AndyG
Wow, did I miss some news or what? Another mid arm build? Good stuff
You didn’t miss anything, I haven’t outright said my plans yet haha. I had a good talk with Blaine a few weeks ago and discussed how I want to use the jeep. It’ll be a very capable roadtripper, able to handle the trails considered “local” to me. That being said 44’s front and rear locked, with psc hydro assist and outboard shocks, the short arm set up on 35’s will be everything I need. But if I decide to move to the mid arm, I’m all ready to go. 👍🏼

You didn’t miss anything, I haven’t outright said my plans yet haha. I had a good talk with Blaine a few weeks ago and discussed how I want to use the jeep. It’ll be a very capable roadtripper, able to handle the trails considered “local” to me. That being said 44’s front and rear locked, with psc hydro assist and outboard shocks, the short arm set up on 35’s will be everything I need. But if I decide to move to the mid arm, I’m all ready to go. 👍🏼

Good stuff! I wish I could drop my Jeep off to Blaine and have him work his magic. Y’all are lucky over there. Looking forward to seeing the results

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Alright, update time! So while I’m waiting on other parts I put the feelers out on a quote for powder coat primer for my savvy bumpers. Most places quoted me between 2 and 3 hundred per bumper. So I know for a fact I’m going to have the arms and skids all powder coated black. But the front and rear bumpers are different because I want them to match my textured fender flares so I decided to tackle painting aluminum. It’s my first time 😉 but I figured if I played by the rules the aluminum would cooperate. First step was cleaning. I didn’t have any alcohol or acetone because of the COVID, but I did have some heavy ammonia glass cleaner so I used that.
9803D1F9-180A-4423-B0B9-3AD427F18738.jpeg
05CDD6E6-354A-40FC-842C-C3234E463FBB.jpeg
Then I bought some 150 grit sand cloth for metal and started scuffing. Now I know why most people don’t follow through with good aluminum prep. Sanding it kinda sucks. The sandpaper just sorta slides off it the first 100 passes or so then finally bites 😂.
BB22508D-D7A5-4FF3-BBC1-76E6033C90C8.jpeg
Once I got a good prepped surface I wiped off all the dust. Then gloved up and cleaned the surface again with the glass cleaner. I then made a paint stand for the front bumper out of pvc and primed with sem self etching black primer. This stuff is great. It actually looks like powder coat. I did 4 even coats.
33BC00F1-BE25-4845-8560-A655C3C16B24.jpeg
23D3EA26-9F11-41D2-9E35-E562010E0683.jpeg
After the primer coats set for about 30 minutes I began coating the inside of the bumper with duplicolor truck bed coating. This coating has a very light texture and goes on much more evenly than the bed armor by the same brand. I used this on the inside just to give it a strong even rubberized coating. Tomorrow I’ll start the outside.