Nikki's yellow throwback Jeep

This is probably my favorite Jeep in the forum, and I’m not a yellow guy. The form, the function, and the attention to detail is amazing. It’s really come together so well. Looking forward to what’s next.

This is probably my favorite Jeep in the forum, and I’m not a yellow guy. The form, the function, and the attention to detail is amazing. It’s really come together so well. Looking forward to what’s next.
You feel the way I do. He has a way of making you want it or want him to do yours. Looks tough and fun. Bet it is.

Hey thanks so much. 🙏🏼

He surely knows the pain. After 2 runs at Slickrock, his jeep is looking less like a flawless mall crawler and more like a trail rig. Funny enough, I believe the fender repeatedly getting hit bugs him more than the sliders being used as pivots. :ROFLMAO:
Hindsight is 20/20

Ok, I want to hear it from everyone... Chris, Blaine, Jerry B, all you experienced TJ guys ...what is it about this TJ ...is it the lift , tire size, wheel off set , all of the above that makes it look so muscular and well proportioned.

@nicksjeep can you list the set up on one post for all of guys that need to be this cool-

Serious post, everyone loves this TJ, tell us what makes it look so right-

Ok, I want to hear it from everyone... Chris, Blaine, Jerry B, all you experienced TJ guys ...what is it about this TJ ...is it the lift , tire size, wheel off set , all of the above that makes it look so muscular and well proportioned.

@nicksjeep can you list the set up on one post for all of guys that need to be this cool-

Serious post, everyone loves this TJ, tell us what makes it look so right-
You’re words are kind. Im lucky to have my jeep and this community.

I’ve kept the mods list in my profile up to date for a complete list of what is on the jeep.

For me, getting the rig to where it is now was some minimal trial and error but mostly it was just being a broke young veteran who was obsessed with this particular model jeep. So I looked and learned on the forums for years liking some builds and disliking others. I didn’t really have the money to jump the gun. But as I got a little older I saved my pennies and kept those nuggets from the builds I liked, communicated with the people who knew more than me, and when I was ready I took my jeep where “I” wanted it to go. I’m extremely fortunate @mrblaine was willing to help me realize a dream. It’s exactly how I wanted it. So thanks sincerely for the compliments.

Last edited:
Hindsight is 20/20
I have “dress” sliders for the Jeep so don’t mind when they get beat up. The fender flares getting wrecked drives me insane because they are so hard to find, if I could find them I would just buy 4 sets and go on with my life.

They’re aesthetically pleasing to me 🤷🏻‍♂️ I love the classic lines of the TJ. Don’t get me wrong, some flat genrights are nice but I’m still stuck on the stock fenders and flares. I’ve always liked them.

You made the correct choice, don’t listen to Chris. Sometimes he posts things automatically without taking the time to manually review it.

62B70FF7-E1C5-4250-9CAB-EB6D57DB9229.jpeg
E6EFB675-1088-41CA-AA3C-D61A31CE44DF.jpeg
81B393D8-5E47-4CB7-A4FF-BE4E8A6480AB.jpeg
Here are some better pictures of the standard flares. Honestly I’m wondering why I ever got rid of them. I’m really liking how they look.

Did you trim the flares to fit with the Savvy sliders?
I see this question asked a lot. There isn't any easy way to trim flares to fit flush with any wheel well to wheel well slider. If you think about the shape of the flare, Its has a back surface that gets mounted to the tub. If you cut that surface out (as you would have to to trim for a slider) there is nothing to hold the flare anymore. That end that goes over top of the slider would be loose. You could try to cut the back surface, trim the flare around the slider and try to re-attach the mounting surface somehow, but it would be difficult to make a strong joint. I'm not sure what plastic the flares are made of, probably some sort of urethane. You'd have to know what the plastic is, then pick the correct adhesive for the plastic. Or try to plastic weld them back together...again, you gotta know the base material though so you can get the right "filler" rod.

1616935365164.png

Reactions: Nickgsjeep and Vasq
View attachment 238200View attachment 238201View attachment 238203Here are some better pictures of the standard flares. Honestly I’m wondering why I ever got rid of them. I’m really liking how they look.
Damn that looks good! :love:

I see this question asked a lot. There isn't any easy way to trim flares to fit flush with any wheel well to wheel well slider. If you think about the shape of the flare, Its has a back surface that gets mounted to the tub. If you cut that surface out (as you would have to to trim for a slider) there is nothing to hold the flare anymore. That end that goes over top of the slider would be loose. You could try to cut the back surface, trim the flare around the slider and try to re-attach the mounting surface somehow, but it would be difficult to make a strong joint. I'm not sure what plastic the flares are made of, probably some sort of urethane. You'd have to know what the plastic is, then pick the correct adhesive for the plastic. Or try to plastic weld them back together...again, you gotta know the base material though so you can get the right "filler" rod.
Yesss finally I'm good for something. Ta-da! this was my solution to that problem.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/built-in-the-rain-2001-sport.26834/post-568203

View attachment 238279
I don’t plan on doing anything to the flares. The gap doesn’t bug me and if you can’t tell from my thread I’m pretty meticulous so I do think that says something. The gap is hardly noticeable. Also spoiler alert: the rear armor will be going on soon 😉