Nikki's yellow throwback Jeep

Hi like your story and how you are step by step building your Jeep! Quick question on the rearview mirror: This does not look like the original ;-) I´ve been looking for a mirror that also shows time, temperature and a compass - did you find one?
Ok it’s a Cipa 36500 👍🏼

Reactions: Wildman and OTU
EABF833F-55F6-41F3-B94F-51CED54C9B02.jpeg
Putting this little guy in tomorrow!

Ok finally hooked up my York mini on board air kit by Off Road Only. The kit is pretty complete with decent instructions but I’ll walk through it here for those who are interested in what the kit includes.
First remove your belt, airbox, and alternator.
957DFEB2-8313-4BD9-9D89-DE9D90A9A71B.jpeg
then remove your belt tensioner from the alternator bracket
D8814803-F5A4-4BB8-B3FE-B59C275F53CD.jpeg
Next remove your alternator bracket.
81889756-7E67-4939-90E7-62E169547326.jpeg
then attach the belt tensioner to the supplied bracket from the kit.
8D53AB1E-3FAF-4355-AA9D-F891F63DFD95.jpeg
then attach the bracket to the engine with the supplied hardware. The final bottom bolt that was supplied was to short so I had to get a longer one. This seems to be a common issue. One the bracket is attached you test fit the alternator to make sure the block fits in the alternator fork.
954E5114-5AF8-48A5-972A-35B4AC9A62B4.jpeg
once your check the alternator fitment you remove it and install the York.
467763A5-D2FE-4286-8A79-0925D4998F27.jpeg
then install the alternator
9D9D7639-2B59-410A-814C-26C913E91027.jpeg
after the alternator is attached is the supplied idler pulley, I used the smaller of the two they supply, then route your belt.
next is your bracket with the manifold, pressure switch, and quick connector. I didn’t want my rocker switch in the jeep so I drilled a hole in the bracket and mounted the rocker switch to the bracket.
52A114B0-F389-461B-B404-ED5C59646F2F.jpeg
3507A401-7543-4C9E-B78F-BF3CC98C27EB.jpeg
now all that is left to do is plumb your lines, reattach your alternator wiring and wire up the supplied wire harness for the York. Overall a relatively simple project.
F91249B5-39A1-4570-96F6-2367AEA76C64.jpeg
D31B77CC-AB45-4ADF-B0BD-B150B5A53E73.jpeg
9C419655-A301-40F8-B59D-ECCF512E6F68.jpeg
BF376F6E-0469-4AC8-8381-8783A2F17DE0.jpeg
Now I finally have my own air supply!
Thanks for the help @Sancho and @Alex01

Ok finally hooked up my York mini on board air kit by Off Road Only. The kit is pretty complete with decent instructions but I’ll walk through it here for those who are interested in what the kit includes.
First remove your belt, airbox, and alternator.View attachment 234608then remove your belt tensioner from the alternator bracketView attachment 234609Next remove your alternator bracket.View attachment 234610then attach the belt tensioner to the supplied bracket from the kit.View attachment 234612then attach the bracket to the engine with the supplied hardware. The final bottom bolt that was supplied was to short so I had to get a longer one. This seems to be a common issue. One the bracket is attached you test fit the alternator to make sure the block fits in the alternator fork.View attachment 234613once your check the alternator fitment you remove it and install the York.View attachment 234614then install the alternatorView attachment 234615after the alternator is attached is the supplied idler pulley, I used the smaller of the two they supply, then route your belt.
next is your bracket with the manifold, pressure switch, and quick connector. I didn’t want my rocker switch in the jeep so I drilled a hole in the bracket and mounted the rocker switch to the bracket.View attachment 234617View attachment 234618now all that is left to do is plumb your lines, reattach your alternator wiring and wire up the supplied wire harness for the York. Overall a relatively simple project.View attachment 234622View attachment 234623View attachment 234624View attachment 234625Now I finally have my own air supply!
Thanks for the help @Sancho and @Alex01

I can see from your last picture that your ORO bracket is just as fucked as the one I just got. The forward face of the bracket sticks out too far. Your belt is hanging off the inside edge of the new idler pulley. Take a good look at your tensioner pulley as well because my belt was hanging off that one too.

F80B8B9B-2DD1-40B6-BFF1-B7E6728B0C53.png

Ive been in contact with steve at ORO and he has been very friendly. He hasn’t offered to send me a new bracket yet but we already fixed my problem. We cut .150” off the new idler stand off and put a washer between the tensioner arm and tensioner pulley. Now all my pulleys are aligned correctly.

Last edited:
I can see from your last picture that your ORO bracket is just as fucked as the one I just got. The forward face of the bracket sticks out too far. Your belt is hanging off the inside edge of the new idler pulley. Take a good look at your tensioner pulley as well because my belt was hanging off that one too.

View attachment 234627

Ive been in contact with steve at ORO and he has been very friendly. He hasn’t offered to send me a new bracket yet but we already fixed my problem. We cut .150” off the new idler stand off and put a washer between the tensioner arm and tensioner pulley. Now all my pulleys are aligned correctly.
Yeah it’s not quite hanging off but it’s right even with the back of the pulleys. Still something that needs to be addressed

• Sad
Reactions: Wildman and Lou
We cut .150” off the new idler stand off and put a washer between the tensioner arm and tensioner pulley. Now all my pulleys are aligned correctly.
This seems like an easy enough fix.

Reactions: Alex01
Certainly not difficult if you have a way to trim the spacer square. Still disappointing considering how much they charge for the product.
Yeah I know, but we are talking about TJs here which are about as variable as fruit from the same tree 😂

Reactions: Wildman
So after a few trips to the rocks I got dangerously close to ruining my rubicon fender flares. So instead of running em until I destroyed them I sold them to someone who would appreciate them and put on some standard fender flares from a friend. The standard flares are narrower and not as deep as the rubicon flares so hopefully they last. I prepped and painted them with duplicolor bed armor. This pic will have to do for now.
00776CDC-53D9-44F3-837D-C3004ECB4F3E.jpeg

So after a few trips to the rocks I got dangerously close to ruining my rubicon fender flares. So instead of running em until I destroyed them I sold them to someone who would appreciate them and put on some standard fender flares from a friend. The standard flares are narrower and not as deep as the rubicon flares so hopefully they last. I prepped and painted them with duplicolor bed armor. This pic will have to do for now.View attachment 235031
I run stock flares on my Rubi....I have 12.5 x 33” tires but it makes them look swole.

Your build rocks man, you make good choices and bring it all together really well.

So after a few trips to the rocks I got dangerously close to ruining my rubicon fender flares. So instead of running em until I destroyed them I sold them to someone who would appreciate them and put on some standard fender flares from a friend. The standard flares are narrower and not as deep as the rubicon flares so hopefully they last. I prepped and painted them with duplicolor bed armor. This pic will have to do for now.View attachment 235031
Why run fender flares at all? They’re just asking to get ripped off down here in the southwest.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Why run fender flares at all? They’re just asking to get ripped off down here in the southwest.
They’re aesthetically pleasing to me 🤷🏻‍♂️ I love the classic lines of the TJ. Don’t get me wrong, some flat genrights are nice but I’m still stuck on the stock fenders and flares. I’ve always liked them.

I run stock flares on my Rubi....I have 12.5 x 33” tires but it makes them look swole.

Your build rocks man, you make good choices and bring it all together really well.
Thanks man! As always you’re too kind

They’re aesthetically pleasing to me 🤷🏻‍♂️ I love the classic lines of the TJ. Don’t get me wrong, some flat genrights are nice but I’m still stuck on the stock fenders and flares. I’ve always liked them.
You’ll get over it, trust me. I used to be the same way until I just got over it 😉

I know what you mean though.

• Haha
Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Now that‘s a commitment to a great color scheme. Even the plate is black and yellow.