Carsten737

Hello all,
Hope y’all are having a happy New Year. I’m in a bit of a predicament. When replacing my power steering box, my little brother decided to play with the steering wheel while I had it disconnected from the box. It was no problem until I heard a snap and the horn off. Well, as you would guess it now my airbag light is on, my cruise control doesn’t work, and I have no horn. So the clock spring got broken in the fun. Problem is… CANT FIND ONE ANYWHERE! Mopar has absolutely none they said (PN 56047105AB) and no aftermarket. I’m not worried about the cruise control but more the safety side. I would like to have an airbag. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated. I’m not seeing any in junk yard Jeeps near me. (Queen Creek AZ) thank you again!

Hello all,
Hope y’all are having a happy New Year. I’m in a bit of a predicament. When replacing my power steering box, my little brother decided to play with the steering wheel while I had it disconnected from the box. It was no problem until I heard a snap and the horn off. Well, as you would guess it now my airbag light is on, my cruise control doesn’t work, and I have no horn. So the clock spring got broken in the fun. Problem is… CANT FIND ONE ANYWHERE! Mopar has absolutely none they said (PN 56047105AB) and no aftermarket. I’m not worried about the cruise control but more the safety side. I would like to have an airbag. Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated. I’m not seeing any in junk yard Jeeps near me. (Queen Creek AZ) thank you again!

I forgot to add, I have a 2002 TJ, Automatic with 4.0.

I talked to the Dealership and they mention that’s the only part number that they had ever supplied for that. No support for Doorman either.

Unfortunately I have checked and that a no go. Thank you though!

Reactions: Chris
I talked to the Dealership and they mention that’s the only part number that they had ever supplied for that. No support for Doorman either.

Unfortunately I have checked and that a no go. Thank you though!
Did you see all the links to various sources in my Google link?

Did you see all the links to various sources in my Google link?

Yes sir. :) The -103AB is without cruise control as the -105AB is with cruise control. (As far as I can tell) I haven’t found anything saying that I can use it. The forum posts I’ve seen haven’t had any support for using the -103AB in replace. I’ve contemplated ordering the -103 and gutting it and putting it in my old housing to make it fit. I’m pretty technical so I’ll be okay with that. it’s the money part of it of possibly wasting $170.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
The non cruise part should fit, but your cruise will no longer work.

Post in thread 'Can you use clock spring for non-cruise control on a cruise control model on 2001 TJ?'
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...e-control-model-on-2001-tj.59484/post-1058568

This was the only real info I found on it. For him it was unsuccessful. If I could find someone who had cut it out to be bigger I’d have absolutely no problem doing it but being that it’s plastic I fear the inner walls would be too thin and go through. I’ll look at that 105AC though! Thanks for the help!

You are correct, but rev AC would have come out after AB, so that makes no sense.

Here's a pic of the crown unit:
56047105AC.jpg

Here's a pic of MOPAR AB from mopar parts giant:
1673999475248.png

So, how do those compare to the one you have?

Good luck figuring this one out.

From the the thread you referenced:
I have checked around and the OEM Mopar Clock Spring PN 56047105 AA,AB,AC fits 97-02 with Cruise; I believe the electrical connectors changed in '03.
The 97-02 OEM Mopar PN 56047103AA non Cruise clock spring center section is too small as you stated....

@CharlesHS is who you need to talk to.

You are correct, but rev AC would have come out after AB, so that makes no sense.

Here's a pic of the crown unit:
View attachment 392895

Here's a pic of MOPAR AB from mopar parts giant:
View attachment 392894
So, how do those compare to the one you have?

Good luck figuring this one out.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. I’m going to try to find a wiring diagram because last thing I need is 2 wires changed and I eat an airbag 😂. Jokes obviously, I’m planning on pulling my steering wheel tomorrow or Thursday and pulling out the clock spring to look at it. If I can find a way to open it up properly I’ll ring out the wires to verify if they are the same as the AC. I’m hoping If I can figure this out that it will help other people in the future who may encounter this problem. Thank you so much for your help. It’s much appreciated!

I have checked around and the OEM Mopar Clock Spring PN 56047105 AA,AB,AC fits 97-02 with Cruise; I believe the electrical connectors changed in '03.
The 97-02 OEM Mopar PN 56047103AA non Cruise clock spring center section is too small as you stated....

Ah! I missed that!

That’s exactly what I was thinking. I’m going to try to find a wiring diagram because last thing I need is 2 wires changed and I eat an airbag 😂. Jokes obviously, I’m planning on pulling my steering wheel tomorrow or Thursday and pulling out the clock spring to look at it. If I can find a way to open it up properly I’ll ring out the wires to verify if they are the same as the AC. I’m hoping If I can figure this out that it will help other people in the future who may encounter this problem. Thank you so much for your help. It’s much appreciated!

I did find this. So maybe all need to be modified but sounds like it is possible.

35A6DD4C-C683-45F0-825D-37456FE62B6F.png