No gas

I’m confused. Do you think the “fuel companies” aren’t subject to the market, government regulations, supply and demand of equipment and availability of employees? Or do you think they’re just stickin it to us because they’re rich evil billionaires?

My favorite is when they scream for higher corporate taxation. Morons, they just tack that onto the cost of whatever they sell and collect it for the government.

Why shouldn't they stick it to us? Every single time the Dems get in power, they shove a climate based agenda down our throats with unrealistic unreachable goals with non flexible deadlines all based on fucking over big oil and gas as hard as they possibly can. They close down pipelines, increase our reliance on foreign oil when we have more than enough here to take care of us for as long as it takes to move over to renewables. They haven't allowed any new increases in refinery capacity, they outlaw gas engines at a fucking prodigious rate, they increase MPG at the corporate auto maker levels, they continually reduce emissions standards all of which drive up costs to the end user.

Then they lie about all the problems they cause, blame everyone and everything except the actual problem which is their unrealistic agenda. They lie about the windfall profit for Exxon for example. Sure they are making money now but who stepped in and covered their 20+ billion losses for the last few years? No one talks about that part.

Even if they do manage to browbeat the oil companies into helping them lower prices for the short term, just exactly how long will it be before they are right back fucking the oil companies harder than they are now? The oil companies see the handwriting on the wall, no one is going to help them so fuck it, make the money while you can and I for one applaud them for every cent of profit they take. You don't continually fuck over someone at every single turn at every aspect of what they do and how they do it and then beg them for help. That makes you a supreme hypocritical fucktard.

shouldn't we be past all this? wind and sun and hydro are the future, not dead dinosaurs. i'm not political so IDK what y'all call me, but we have had the tech to be past this issue long ago. i don't watch enough to see either party pushin this. what i see is windbags and con artists we need to rid the lot and start fresh.

shouldn't we be past all this? wind and sun and hydro are the future, not dead dinosaurs. i'm not political so IDK what y'all call me, but we have had the tech to be past this issue long ago. i don't watch enough to see either party pushin this. what i see is windbags and con artists we need to rid the lot and start fresh.
I don't know, not my place to know. I just observe and pay attention to who fucks who and then bitches about the end result. The renewables may well be the future, they are not the short term future and forcing it to be fucks everyone.

now i'm so GD sorry i ever said a MTHFKN word about this and please feel free to delete this cause i want no part of a political debate.

gas is killin me, like i'm sure it's killin y'all. i saw a silly post about a notion to make a statement and passed it along nothing more. i apologize and it'll nevr FKN happen again.

The problem with renewables is they’re too fucking expensive! A thriving economy requires cheap energy.

Reactions: DrDmoney and L J
The problem with renewables is they’re too fucking expensive! A thriving economy requires cheap energy.

bout 10yrs back a big swedish or swiss co. was gonna invest a boatload into U.S based plants for wind generators. they got 1 ready to go and the 2nd started b4 they suddenly started encountering all kinds of problems for permits and such and basically were run out last i heard.

now i'm so GD sorry i ever said a MTHFKN word about this and please feel free to delete this cause i want no part of a political debate.

gas is killin me, like i'm sure it's killin y'all. i saw a silly post about a notion to make a statement and passed it along nothing more. i apologize and it'll nevr FKN happen again.

Part of the reason gas is high is due to refinery capacity. The .gov shut the economy down, extended unemployment benefits, and then printed money to hand out like it is a Monopoly game. Folks were forced to stay home, spend free money, and that put the demand for gas very low which then in turn shut down refinery capacity. They don't come back online at the flip of a switch.

It all goes back to the .gov and what they did. That also gave everyone money to spend for two reasons, no place to go to spend it and lots of extra in the form of stimulus checks and then the stimulus loans that didn't have to be paid back for every one that was funded. That put a lot of unearned money in the economy, folks spent more which drove up demand at the ports beyond the capacities of normal times, factor in manpower shortages forced by the pandemic and we got here every stinking penny over what fuel should be 100% by what the .gov did and has done.

So, even if there was merit to trying to punish big oil, a boycott is just going to be a surplus, that may cause them to lower more refinery capacity and since they are already making profits due to diminished capacity, making that worse isn't going to help anyone.

Wanna do some good, find the fuckwits that helped put these fucks in power and get them to change how they vote for the next 20 years. And if the ones that get in after them don't help to fix it, do it again until it makes a difference.

More needs to be said here. If we shut down big oil tomorrow, we would cease to function as a country and die a horrible death. We depend on big oil for far more than just fuel. If you remove everything from your life that is petroleum based, you are barely above the level of living in a cave killing bunnies with spear for food and eating whatever fruits and veggies you can forage.

We depend on them for everything from fertilizer, to plastics, to the tires you drive on, to how fast and how often your food gets to the market and that is just scratching the surface. Are you sure you really want to try and fuck them over some more?

As for the hydro part? If you aren't paying attention to what the droughts are doing to electrical generation, you should. Hydro as we know it is in big trouble. What we should have done 50 years ago was embrace nuclear and make it as safe and socially acceptable as solar and wind. Then we'd be thumbing our noses at everyone.

Last edited:
What we should have done 50 years ago was embrace nuclear and make it as safe as socially acceptable as solar and wind. Then we'd be thumbing our noses at everyone.

My Dad was a staunch supporter of this idea. Worked at Hanford for quite a spell. Said the general population, as well as government officials, had it all wrong. I don't know enough about it, one way or the other, but reading your words was like listening to my Pop, again (RIP, Dad).

I do suspect that if we hadn't basically thrown in the towel after some mishaps, we'd be in much better shape today than we currently are.

More needs to be said here. If we shut down big oil tomorrow, we would cease to function as a country and die a horrible death. We depend on big oil for far more than just fuel. If you remove everything from your life that is petroleum based, you are barely above the level of living in a cave killing bunnies with spear for food and eating whatever fruits and veggies you can forage.

We depend on them for everything from fertilizer, to plastics, to the tires you drive on, to how fast and how often your food gets to the market and that is just scratching the surface. Are you sure you really want to try and fuck them over some more?

As for the hydro part? If you aren't paying attention to what the droughts are doing to electrical generation, you should. Hydro as we know it is in big trouble. What we should have done 50 years ago was embrace nuclear and make it as safe as socially acceptable as solar and wind. Then we'd be thumbing our noses at everyone.

Nuclear is a great solution. Now if only we could get the environmentalist nut jobs on board.

I hope everyone with half a brain remembers when they vote this time around that COVID didn’t do this to us. What did this to us is our politicians and their crappy policies which have proven time and time again not to work.

I’ll never forget the people whose idea it was to lock the country down and send out free checks.

As for the hydro part? If you aren't paying attention to what the droughts are doing to electrical generation, you should. Hydro as we know it is in big trouble. What we should have done 50 years ago was embrace nuclear and make it as safe as socially acceptable as solar and wind. Then we'd be thumbing our noses at everyone.

but y'all got plenty of sunshine so maybe you go the other direction i'm not saying it's the now answer it's the should have been done 20yrs ago answer.

now it's time to have some course of action, if we can effect their end maybe they lean on who y'all think the real problem is and push leads to shove and the line gets moved.

Last edited:
they did the same thing then.
Weird! I don't recall paying +$6 a gallon then.
just a dumb manufacturing worker, boss.
thank you for droppin by and adding your commentary. i wish you had used your space for an intelligent, articulate, fact driven opinion and maybe swayed a silly old fool.
Don't expect intelligent conversation when you post the same drivel that one would hear from a sophomore liberal arts student wearing a Ché Guevara shirt and decrying capitalism while walking the campus with their face glued to an iPhone 13 Pro.
now i may be off here, but you'll fix my dumb ass, right?
I never called you dumb and I'm not the least bit interested in "fixing" you. You are set in your belief system. You are the only one who can "fix" you.

Even now is not horribly late to start adopting the nuclear option. Much better long term option than to than push terribly designed BEV vehicles down our throats using regulations in the guise of saving the environment.

but y'all got plenty of sunshine so maybe you go the other direction i'm not saying it's the now answer it's the should have been done 20yrs ago answer.

now it's time to have some course of action, if we can effect their end maybe they lean on who y'all think the real problem is and push leads to shove and the line gets moved.

You mentality is not too dissimilar in blaming the gun for mass shootings. Solve the problem, not the tool used to create the problem.

Nuclear is a great solution. Now if only we could get the environmentalist nut jobs on board.

It isn't the nut jobs, it is the vast majority of the US population. They fear what they don't know and understand and you add in Chernobyl, Fukushima, Three Mile Island and there is no way to convince them that if we put the efforts into nuclear that we put into everything else, we can make it a lot safer. We have a spent nuclear material storage problem but I suspect strongly that can be solved if we solve some of the NIMBY issues.

It isn't the nut jobs, it is the vast majority of the US population. They fear what they don't know and understand and you add in Chernobyl, Fukushima, Three Mile Island and there is no way to convince them that if we put the efforts into nuclear that we put into everything else, we can make it a lot safer. We have a spent nuclear material storage problem but I suspect strongly that can be solved if we solve some of the NIMBY issues.

They have reactors now that can extract a bunch more energy from the spent fuel so that can help with the storage problem. Yes perception is the killer but also when something goes wrong it goes wrong in a big way.

Spent nuclear fuel only became a problem when they stopped allowing it to be reprocessed after 3 mile island. You could get new more radioactive fuel, but couldn't send the old back to the same place to have the remaining good fuel split from the totally spent.

There are other types of reactors that use up all the fuel.

We ended up shipping most of our fuel to other countries. Japan and Taiwan I think. Maybe France. They had the majority of their power needs met by nuclear at one point.

But there are people with penises that are feminine hygiene product spokeswhatevers here now. I doubt we'll get back to real science in my lifetime.

Every area with over 1 million residents should have one 800-1,000 MW nuclear plant and fuel should be reprocessed until it's lower radioactive levels than hospital waste. Then incinerated.