No vibe UCF LoPro mount

I think you might wanna try changing your motor mounts before going much further … I tan this mount and a set of MORE motor mounts, I thought it was great … perhaps soft stock style motor mounts are allowing the movement and vibes to be an issue. I KNOW the MORE motor mounts will kill all fore and aft movement.

I think you might wanna try changing your motor mounts before going much further … I tan this mount and a set of MORE motor mounts, I thought it was great … perhaps soft stock style motor mounts are allowing the movement and vibes to be an issue. I KNOW the MORE motor mounts will kill all fore and aft movement.
I don’t have any vibrations to fix.

If a transmission mount let’s metal from the transmission bypass the rubber isolation and come in contact with the skid, There is 100% chance the engine and transmission vibrations will carry to the skid, frame and tub. This thread is about how to prevent that when this mounts’ tight tolerances create a buzz.

Reactions: Rickyd
Making clearance for the 15mm- rather not grind the nuts.

24BD2151-94FA-44D3-899F-F28BA6D2659C.jpeg

Well done Andy. This will make trying to do much tuck so much easier with the Rubi TC.

Thanks Bro- the mount is a great way to gain height- At the end of the day all of this is just making sure you get some minor clearance where you need it . If I can get the quarter inch high density rubber he uses for the isolation pad, i may buy one to experiment with.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Cooper
Thanks Bro- the mount is a great way to gain height- At the end of the day all of this is just making sure you get some minor clearance where you need it . If I can get the quarter inch high density rubber he uses for the isolation pad, i may buy one to experiment with.

They sell it on their website.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
how much shorter is the mount than stock?

I’ll have to measure when I’m in the shop-

That and the skid gains 1.5”
So around that is my off hand guess but some of the gain may be skid design -

I can tell you it’s about 11/16” -3/4” overall-

Reactions: Rickyd
So, 03 Tubicon w/UCF skid as well. Belligerent vibration starting. @ 65 mph. Just replaced my vibe damper on tcase w/ minimal improvement. New Mopar Tcase mount. DS x2 & tires balanced.
Any issues with sandwiching a strip of rubber down each frame rail between skid plate & frame?

So, 03 Tubicon w/UCF skid as well. Belligerent vibration starting. @ 65 mph. Just replaced my vibe damper on tcase w/ minimal improvement. New Mopar Tcase mount. DS x2 & tires balanced.
Any issues with sandwiching a strip of rubber down each frame rail between skid plate & frame?

Not that I know of- i’m using 1/8 thick x 1/2 “ washers for that, at well as I like a slight gap to wash out grime and discourage rust. Primal Industrial sells these online.

All that said, if it started recently I’d really be looking at anything that may be loose or changed, such as a lost drive shaft weight.

2AA14EAC-57ED-4D5E-9F22-628E805ECB63.jpeg

These 4 grade 8 bolts go through the the skid to the mount - they are 1/4” shorter than UCF supplied and I added 1/8” rubber here too -

Getting these away from the upper half of the skid, even though it has clearance holes, helps prevent contact from lateral movement of the mount. Keep in mind the lo pro mount is an entirely different animal from any mount on a Jeep, And the drivetrain will do different things under different torque loads and different speeds- But essentially it always do the same thing- and that is move some way.

My fingernails sure look nice. 🤣

1FA90291-080A-4BAC-AF32-5C23555A6B64.jpeg

Reactions: John Cooper
Its not but Matt at UCF probably is-

I’m actually thinking about getting one and basically sort of redesigning it- bigger bolt to stop lateral flex

Full 1/4 isolation on very top

Plasma cut the clearance.

Tell Matt to make them correctly to avoid vibes and people will pay an additional $2 for his troubles. 😁