Noise when turning wheels and accelerating (video)

BabaBlackJeep

I have a 2002 Tj with the 4.0 with about 180,000 miles on it. I can not for the life of me figure out what is making this odd sounds while driving. It’s not an exhaust leak I know this because it’s not there while at a stop or idle when given gas. I only hear it while the wheels are turning. The noise slows down with the speed and increases while accelerating. I’m thinking transmission or torque converter maybe. I’m going to try and attach a video with my phone. Hopefully someone has came across this at some point. My friends weren’t joking when they said JEEP stood for Just Empty Every Pocket but man I love this ride. Please help me keep it rolling if you know what it is. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a worn bearing....
You will need to get the vehicle up on a lift with the tires off the ground to determine the noise location.
Have you checked to see if the noise is coming from the hub bearings ?

Sounds like a worn bearing....
You will need to get the vehicle up on a lift with the tires off the ground to determine the noise location.
Have you checked to see if the noise is coming from the hub bearings ?
I have not. I will check tonight after work. Thanks for the suggestion Charles.

One thing you can do to narrow down a wheel bearing is to gently rock the vehicle left to right while you drive & listen for a change in the noise, alternating load on each side.

Ok so here is an update. I replaced My pinion bearings, the carrier bearings, wheel bearings in the front, all the brakes, and the noise still is there and only when I turn right. The cv axle joints are solid. I am lost…

Correction I’m on my way home in the rain and now it’s making the noise constantly going straight and when turning to the right now.

@TheBoogieman once said if you hear it ignore it until people on the street hear it and start to stare. I think it's good advice, if it's serious you'll know pretty soon and no, it won't be much worse by then.

Hello fellow Jeep lohttps://photos.app.goo.gl/i9AX7GcUr2gkMEab6vers.... I need some help here. I have a noise that happens only when I'm taking off and when I'm turning right from a stop. Goes away when I drive. Doesn't come back until I stop and go again. It doesn't happen all the time and then unless happens enough. Here is a video to show you guys when I'm running into. Please help! with Some advice

Here is a few videos. Also it's on a 4-in lift The lift was on when I purchased it. I've only had it for one year so I don't know what kind of lift kit it is also 15-in wheels 33x12.5 r15 maxxis mt Just got those couple days ago. I was doing the same thing with stock tires and wheels. Thank you guys again for taking your time. Hope to get some advice.

Attachments

• PXL_20230203_191540114.TS.mp4
    29.9 MB