California NorCal Jeep adventures!

I disco'd, but didn't air down, and the Rancho's performed quite well! The harder I worked them, the better they dampened the bumps.

Get us some pics of that lo pro install buddy.
So here is the mount. As you can see, it bolts to the trans the same way but is bent upwards to gain clearance along with shorter bushings.
Y9QlJuPECWIPKu63VasL8tQk-BLo9avH04nKPgTqgRDrMFra9hRUk5rYUqZFfw_SomTB_iJyV4VsVMaP0Y=w1133-h637-no.jpg

It obviously does not mount to the same location as the stock mount so I got it mocked up and it will work but the bushings aren't in a great location, right at the bend of the factory skid. The other issue is the po banged the skid in the front which bowed it some making the new mount not a flush fit.
Y9QlJuPECWIPKu63VasL8tQk-BLo9avH04nKPgTqgRDrMFra9hRUk5rYUqZFfw_SomTB_iJyV4VsVMaP0Y=w1133-h637-no.jpg

So at this point, not sure what I am going to do. The one option I do like is to get the 3" drop Barnes skid which is flat and should mount up much easier. Measurements show that with a 3" drop skid and this mount, the driveline angles would be within about a half degree as opposed to the over 4 it has now. Also dropping the case down does create some shifter interference, both trans and case.
The other issue is the exhaust hanger. Most likely made for the 4.0 so the exhaust would take a little modification at an exhaust shop.
vwiWCBlyuOR0itY9IMjuAmSBuMs11SpuozKBJPDX90h8UkpsnX3hUCgrXNtKAA-hEBuVeA_ujBvznTH_cn4=w359-h637-no.jpg

One thing for sure, either way I will be there on Saturday :D

Reactions: bobthetj03
Are you guys planning on airing down on saturday? If so, what are you using to air back up?

I'll be airing down. I have a CO2 tank. I also have an air compressor. I'll bring it as well if anyone needs to borrow it to air back up.
I would love to borrow it. I'm still undicided ln the air route I want to go. Co2 or arb

Sorry guys but I’m out for tomorrow. My neighbors wife passed away last Sunday and I need to help him get ready for the celebration of life. I hope you all have a great time.

Sorry guys but I’m out for tomorrow. My neighbors wife passed away last Sunday and I need to help him get ready for the celebration of life. I hope you all have a great time.

Sorry you can't make it. You're a good neighbor for helping him out. There will be other runs.

Reactions: UpperMI
So, this is the final list so far. A few of them were "maybe's", so it'll be what it'll be.

bobthetj03
JPetru82
kg6mov
Gone-N-Done it
thunderhead
tomtaylz (WTJF)
Rob5589 (WTJF)
Alex01 (WTJF)
G-Whiz
levelseventysix
Whytfro +1
FirstsilverLJ