California NorCal Jeep adventures!

Princess Seafood in Noyo harbor. The crab was so sweet it was perfect. The crab roll was amazing.

I should say, there were not a lot of tourists out. We got in for lunch at 11:30. Quick. Full crab and the dungeness crab roll. We had a beer each while waiting. Our order came quick and the hostess said “you got to finish those before you can leave”. Lol. Like we were rookies. Laura slams her beer, burps like Homer Simpson and tosses the bottle in the trash

I should say, there were not a lot of tourists out. We got in for lunch at 11:30. Quick. Full crab and the dungeness crab roll. We had a beer each while waiting. Our order came quick and the hostess said “you got to finish those before you can leave”. Lol. Like we were rookies. Laura slams her beer, burps like Homer Simpson and tosses the bottle in the trash

She's a keeper, lol! Hoping the weather continues to be nice this weekend for our little getaway.

Reactions: Thunderhead
I was going to try for Carnegie presidents day weekend.
The last time I was at Carnegie was roughly 10 years ago when I used to ride dirtbikes there. From what I can see on the website since then they added a few obstacles to the 4x4 area. In my opinion, it would be a wasted trip for a jeep. Personally I would much rather drive the extra hour to Hollister. Now if you have a dirtbike, atv, or utv Carnegie is pretty fun.

Reactions: Thunderhead
I’m fairly sure this is the spot on Cadillac Hill that needs some repair work lol
55BF1BD7-10C9-429C-8223-158A11223987.png

F872F16C-7CBA-407B-B925-D123A35B4B6E.png

The last time I was at Carnegie was roughly 10 years ago when I used to ride dirtbikes there. From what I can see on the website since then they added a few obstacles to the 4x4 area. In my opinion, it would be a wasted trip for a jeep. Personally I would much rather drive the extra hour to Hollister. Now if you have a dirtbike, atv, or utv Carnegie is pretty fun.
I was kinda thinking this when I looked at some videos on the ol interweb... What should I shoot for at Hollister? I will be going alone, unless someone wants to join, so I don't want to get on a trail that's too hairy. Or perhaps a hairy trail with lots of traffic?

I was kinda thinking this when I looked at some videos on the ol interweb... What should I shoot for at Hollister? I will be going alone, unless someone wants to join, so I don't want to get on a trail that's too hairy. Or perhaps a hairy trail with lots of traffic?
I'm not very familiar with all the trails. I'd steer clear of the double black diamonds unless you're ok with body damage. From videos online the single black diamonds seem to be rated that way due to large hill climbs.

Post up your dates and maybe someone will be able to join.

If it rains before you go I would suggest waiting until it drys out. It was worse than driving on ice when we went after a storm last time.

Link to map:

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1170/files/HollisterHillsTEXT_UpperRanch_Final.pdf

Reactions: bobthetj03
I'm not very familiar with all the trails. I'd steer clear of the double black diamonds unless you're ok with body damage. From videos online the single black diamonds seem to be rated that way due to large hill climbs.

Post up your dates and maybe someone will be able to join.

If it rains before you go I would suggest waiting until it drys out. It was worse than driving on ice when we went after a storm last time.

Link to map:

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1170/files/HollisterHillsTEXT_UpperRanch_Final.pdf
Single black diamonds were way too easy, my Rav4 has been through worse. The double black was quite technical and had some deep loose ruts. Nothing the TJ couldn't handle. The obstical course is a joke, not sure any amount of mods would get my Jeep over them... lol