NP231 doubler / crawlbox

There is a New NP205 case on the market with an Introductory Price: $2,199.00

https://www.totalmetalinnovations.com/Magnitude-205-p/magnitude-205.htm

1705668982495.png

1705669038971.png

Our Magnitude 205 was built out of the need to have the smoothest shifting transfer case on the market. From the start of Magnitude we set out to have the finest transfer case on the market with features not found on any other case. We made a list of must-have features and we exceeded all of our goals. Our shifting mechanism is the smoothest on the market, featuring 4104 heat-treated shift rails and 100% internal shift interlocks and detents all contained within the main case body. The Magnitude 205 case body is split near the center of the housing rather than on the flange surface to increase the strength of the case bodies and allow easier assembly. Other industry-leading features include an integrated idle shaft cover increasing idle shaft bearing oil flow, oil sight tube standard, along with custom zinc plated hardware for rust prevention.

• 6061 billet aluminum case bodies not a cast housing.
  • Switchable drivers or passenger drop
  • Supports stock or Lomax 3-1 gears
  • AR-500 shift forks machined post welding for precise shifting
  • 100% internal shift interlocks
  • Zero, negative 7, and negative 14 deg clocking
  • Fits both 6-bolt round patterns
  • 4140 heat-treated shift rails
  • 4140 pre-hard shift interlocks
  • O-rings where applicable
  • Fits 90MM input bearing and 80MM front and rear output bearings
  • Jack bolts to aid in splitting the cases should service be needed.
  • Integrated rear idle shaft plate, with extended bore depth to add oil flow capacity to the idle shaft bearings.
  • Oil Sight Tube
  • Made in the USA

Includes: Front and Rear Case Bodies, Two Shift Forks, Two Shift Rails, Two Shift Interlock Pins, Two Shift Interlock Covers, Adjustable Detents, Front Output Bearing Housing, Sight Tube, O-rings, and Hardware Kit.

This is a DIY case for you to install your gears, bearings, seals, shafts, etc.

There is a New NP205 case on the market with an Introductory Price: $2,199.00

https://www.totalmetalinnovations.com/Magnitude-205-p/magnitude-205.htm

View attachment 492639

View attachment 492640

Our Magnitude 205 was built out of the need to have the smoothest shifting transfer case on the market. From the start of Magnitude we set out to have the finest transfer case on the market with features not found on any other case. We made a list of must-have features and we exceeded all of our goals. Our shifting mechanism is the smoothest on the market, featuring 4104 heat-treated shift rails and 100% internal shift interlocks and detents all contained within the main case body. The Magnitude 205 case body is split near the center of the housing rather than on the flange surface to increase the strength of the case bodies and allow easier assembly. Other industry-leading features include an integrated idle shaft cover increasing idle shaft bearing oil flow, oil sight tube standard, along with custom zinc plated hardware for rust prevention.

• 6061 billet aluminum case bodies not a cast housing.
  • Switchable drivers or passenger drop
  • Supports stock or Lomax 3-1 gears
  • AR-500 shift forks machined post welding for precise shifting
  • 100% internal shift interlocks
  • Zero, negative 7, and negative 14 deg clocking
  • Fits both 6-bolt round patterns
  • 4140 heat-treated shift rails
  • 4140 pre-hard shift interlocks
  • O-rings where applicable
  • Fits 90MM input bearing and 80MM front and rear output bearings
  • Jack bolts to aid in splitting the cases should service be needed.
  • Integrated rear idle shaft plate, with extended bore depth to add oil flow capacity to the idle shaft bearings.
  • Oil Sight Tube
  • Made in the USA

Includes: Front and Rear Case Bodies, Two Shift Forks, Two Shift Rails, Two Shift Interlock Pins, Two Shift Interlock Covers, Adjustable Detents, Front Output Bearing Housing, Sight Tube, O-rings, and Hardware Kit.

This is a DIY case for you to install your gears, bearings, seals, shafts, etc.

2200 bucks isn't a terrible price for that. Figure 500 or less for a used 205 and rebuild...that behind a rubicrawler would be tits!

2200 bucks isn't a terrible price for that. Figure 500 or less for a used 205 and rebuild...that behind a rubicrawler would be tits!

Even if you throw in the 3:1 gears it isn't bad. And you aren't waiting 2-3 months for your T-case.
For me I'd need a crawler box in front of it but it'd still be shorter than a NP231. And with this case it's about 100-110Lbs assembled.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low

or just do a 203/205 doubler for those of us that don't have a rubicrawler option...then you could have a 2:1, and a 4:1, or a 2:1, 3:1, and 6:1.

This case can be drivers or passenger drop. And a Ford NP205 is driver drop. Or are you talking about upgrading to a larger axle?

The diagrams show a drivers drop just like an OEM NP-205. and isn't the Ford a divorced mount T-case? ( I am thinking Highboy )
This would be cool if available with either drop !

The diagrams show a drivers drop just like an OEM NP-205. and isn't the Ford a divorced mount T-case? ( I am thinking Highboy )
This would be cool if available with either drop !

This box can be setup for either side drop. Some Fords were married. Don't ask me which models as I'm not that up on which models.

I love my 42rle with the future rubicrawler that'll be on it (sitting on my shelf) 🙃
But yeah that beauty of a Cnc machined chunk of awesomeness would indeed be "tits" 😆 Plumb ones at that 😉.....if that makes any sense
That or a Midnight metalworking "rokbox" would be killer too!
https://midnightmetalworks.com/collections/transfer-cases
Edit- they have a D300/205 variants

• Wow
Reactions: RINC
I love my 42rle with the future rubicrawler that'll be on it (sitting on my shelf) 🙃
But yeah that beauty of a Cnc machined chunk of awesomeness would indeed be "tits" 😆 Plumb ones at that 😉.....if that makes any sense

I Love Tits!

I want to keep my manual trans. I take from everything I have read, I need a lower geared transfer case.

I Love Tits!

I want to keep my manual trans. I take from everything I have read, I need a lower geared transfer case.
Don't we all :D i like the other counterpart more but that's just me 😉
Yeah gearing is your friend....especially on the manuals !

Reactions: Wildman

Midnight Metal works went out of business (Last I'd heard). But there are other crawler boxes out there like from Northwest Fab and Behemoth and Off-Road Design . They all will work with this new case but only with the stock 1.9 gearing at this time. Total Metal says they are working on something to work with the Lowmax 3.1 gearing.
Now granted if you were to do all this you are going to be past the price of an Atlas. But as @Mike_H said if you were starting off with a cheap NP205 and were to add this extras over time it wouldn't be as bad. As I've mentioned before it's a thought for me if I was to break my STaK's.