Oakley sunglasses vs Magpul

Viking Jeeper

2A Supporter
Supporting Member
I have ordered sunglasses from Oakley's first responder/military site a few times in the past and was looking to order again this week. This time I was looking to put together a custom set of glasses. You can pick out lens, frame color, rubber earpiece color etc etc. They also give you the option to pick a "custom" microfiber storage pouch. The custom options for the storage bag were deigns based on flags from many world wide countries including Russia and China. No USA option. I get on chat with them and ask why the bag was not offered in a USA flag design... the answer was "if it is not offered we made a decision not to have it as an option". I replied with "I've made a decision also". So, I'm looking for a new sunglass company and today I was in the local gun shop and see that Magpul is making sunglasses. I will be buying a pair from them.

Wow, that is seriously stupid on their part. My last pair I bought from them was a Texas edition, Come and Take it.

I had read since Oakley is now ran by some Italian company the quality and service has suffered. I don’t know never had to get warranty work done.

Remember when Oakley used to be made in the U.S. and not China?

I remember when MOPAR parts were made in the U.S. and not in China.

:LOL:

My latest (several years old) Oakley's are stamped made in U.S.A. when did they move production to Red China?

I remember when MOPAR parts were made in the U.S. and not in China.

:LOL:

My latest Oakley's are stamped made in U.S.A. when did they move production to Red China?
Well the last new pair of Oakleys I bought was back in 2012 and they were stamped "Made in China", so I'm guessing it's been a long while now.

Reactions: Rick Flair and L J
Love my Oakley Flack Jackets ( POLORIZED ) best glasses I have ever owned PERIOD !!!

1599165076732.png

Gave up on Oakleys years ago when my wife started working for an Eye Drs office and introduced me to Costas. Their warranty and lenses were better, but now GoogleFu is telling me they are owned by the same company in Italy? So might be more alike nowadays than in the past.

Reactions: Rick Flair
Gave up on Oakleys years ago when my wife started working for an Eye Drs office and introduced me to Costas. Their warranty and lenses were better, but now GoogleFu is telling me they are owned by the same company in Italy? So might be more alike nowadays than in the past.
Ya I gave up on Oakleys back in college.. moved on to coastas and Maui

Reactions: JeepZilla380
Check out Shady Rays. I believe US made AND they Used to have a warranty of - “if you break it, we replace it”.

Reactions: DWR
They still do... Even if you lose them

Didn’t get a chance to confirm. But sometimes warranty’s change as time goes on. Glad it’s still the same. They sent me a pair that still had a film on one lens after being assembled. They sent a free replacement without asking for the originals back. Eventually got the film off and had 2 identical pair. Loved them!

My aunt worked for Bausch and Lomb and to this day I have a ridiculous number of Ray Bans in different styles but what I wear and keep in my Jeep and pickup are good ol' polarized walmart fishing glasses that I could give two shitz if I break them, lose them, leave them somewhere, fly off my head while driving with the top down, get shot in an eye, etc etc etc. Just getting lazy in my old ways but liked how simple and clean they look.

Have always felt Oakleys make me look like a douche looking for a fight 🤣

Not as stylish as the others mentioned but check out Randolph engineering. USA made and have the classic look!