Arizona October 28 & 29

Bob in Texas

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hey our Arizona peeps my wife and I are gonna be staying in the north Phoenix area for the weekend of the 28th and 29th of next month. If anyone is interested in going out for some fall rock work let me know on this thread. It was suggested by someone, hi @RINC , 🤠in our spring group that we might could do some trails in the north area, like maybe Backway to Crown King, Terminator, or whatever!
@RINC
@DaveC
@KcTj
@PurpleTJAZ
IMG_4530.jpeg

@Farmergreg not sure you are in the area yet
Oh and @JHammett 🤠

• Sad
  • USA Proud
Reactions: RINC and Farmergreg
Hey our Arizona peeps my wife and I are gonna be staying in the north Phoenix area for the weekend of the 28th and 29th of next month. If anyone is interested in going out for some fall rock work let me know on this thread. It was suggested by someone, hi @RINC , 🤠in our spring group that we might could do some trails in the north area, like maybe Backway to Crown King, Terminator, or

Excited Lets Go GIF

Hey super Dave how did your elk hunt go?

Tough hunt. Weather was warm and windy the first week. Rut only kicked in for about 2.5 days, then shut down again when temps spiked again Sunday.

Had quite a few shot opportunities on spikes and raghorns and passed. Got busted by cows a couple of times moving in on nice bulls.

Did 5-10 miles/ day chasing thru the woods. Lost 15 pounds over 13 days of hunting. I think I'm going to copyright a new fitness routine... "Chase the Bulls and Chase Away the Pounds" 😆

Tough hunt. Weather was warm and windy the first week. Rut only kicked in for about 2.5 days, then shut down again when temps spiked again Sunday.

Had quite a few shot opportunities on spikes and raghorns and passed. Got busted by cows a couple of times moving in on nice bulls.

Did 5-10 miles/ day chasing thru the woods. Lost 15 pounds over 13 days of hunting. I think I'm going to copyright a new fitness routine... "Chase the Bulls and Chase Away the Pounds" 😆

Yepper finding and chasing critters will definitely shed the pounds, especially on a two week hunt! Once you get your legs and wind you can certainly put some miles behind you each day! Definitely a fun workout 🤠

Exhausting but fun. All about the opportunity for adventure! I was really looking forward to having to pull the windows and have antlers sticking out the sides.

View attachment 461399

Those tyres are Yuge!

Hell yeah @Bob in Texas ! Gotta check the dates if I am working but ..... I may be a 4x4 by then.

The north Phoenix area has everythang from bunny trails to rear steer buggy trails. All off 2 exits from the freeway.

Can get you two Jeep BOH trails knocked out in one day.
20230120_094651.jpg

This trip kinda came up unexpectedly, but I’m always up for a good road trip! I’m hoping that the weather and temperatures will corporate! We found us a place to stay in the New River area just off of the 17. Had a leaking front axle seal and a cracked raadiater, got those knocked out a couple weeks ago.

• USA Proud
Reactions: JMT and RINC
We should be available on that Saturday. There's a lot to do up our way. Backway to Crown King will give you the most variety from deserts to cool pines, rock crawling to creek crossings. Table Mesa area has tons of shorter more intense trails. I think we can keep you busy.

We should be available on that Saturday. There's a lot to do up our way. Backway to Crown King will give you the most variety from deserts to cool pines, rock crawling to creek crossings. Table Mesa area has tons of shorter more intense trails. I think we can keep you busy.

Sounds like the 28th is a great day for the trails! What ever trails y’all want to do is just fine with us, we obviously are not familiar with any of them. Looking forward to seeing whoever can make it. @RINC we will probably be there early afternoon on Friday not sure if there’s enough time for any quick trails. We will be leaving on Monday morning so we will have all day Saturday and Sunday for this trip.

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC
Sounds like the 28th is a great day for the trails! What ever trails y’all want to do is just fine with us, we obviously are not familiar with any of them. Looking forward to seeing whoever can make it. @RINC we will probably be there early afternoon on Friday not sure if there’s enough time for any quick trails. We will be leaving on Monday morning so we will have all day Saturday and Sunday for this trip.

How about Lower/Upper Terminator then finish at Predator?

Reactions: Bob in Texas
Both suggestions sound great, y’all know the trails and what ever y’all decide on would be fine with us!

Reactions: RINC