OEM 15 x 6 Steelies & 215/80R15 Combo

Yes but 15x6 has 5” backspacing to compensate that. Did it scrub on both side or just one side on yours?

Wow! Impressive. It is the 1/2” change in backspacing that caused it. It was also on only the passenger side but the harder i went the more i felt on drivers side as well.

IMG_3230.jpeg

Yes but 15x6 has 5” backspacing to compensate that. Did it scrub on both side or just one side on yours?

I get that but I think the 6” rim will bulge the tire more over a 7” than the 0.25” backspacing compensation

Just a guess though. I’ve never run those rims. I did just put a set of TJ grizzly wheels with 30x9.5 on my YJ today though. Great fitment of those. Love the classic old Jeep wheels, so much better than aftermarket IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: AutoCrat
Wow! Impressive. It is the 1/2” change in backspacing that caused it. It was also on only the passenger side but the harder i went the more i felt on drivers side as well.

View attachment 470511

No, 5” backspacing means it is suppose to push wheel further outward not inward. Since you mentioned it was only passenger side (Which I suspected as mine is a similar case 😀) means your front springs are sagging possible very slightly causing track bar to push your front axle towards driver side.

I also found out when our in house genius @Jerry Bransford pointed out very correctly. As a result now I am shopping for OEM replacement springs 😂.