OEM Fog Light Bracket (Hella 2004-2006)

Yes indeed, it's a weird 5-point, "tamper proof" screw. You can order the driver from Amazon or if you want it sooner, eBay. Remember those guys?
Indeed! Thank you for verifying. The style of bit is easy enough to find, but does it not need a T-35? You've done it, did one of those sizes work?

EDIT: Ok so one of the reviews mentions "Jeep" with this text, might be a TS40 after all? Probably just fits in the TS35 just enough...
If you ever plan on adjusting, removing, lubricating or servicing the mounting bracket crossbolt on your factory equipmemt Hella fog lights, that came on 1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler/TJ's, you will need a set of these.
Note: There was an alternate fog light available that came on some Jeeps, but all of the Hella have the 5 point tamper resistant (security) Torx drive crossbolt.
The primary adjustment screws on the Hella are standard 6 point T15 Torx but the cross bolt is a 5 point TS40 and needs these special bits.

Last edited:
Hello from Ottawa. I'm not a Jeep owner but just printed a set of these for a friend in need. Based on the thingiverse design but with a couple of mods, one to improve strength near the cross bolt, a second to print the cross bolt thread right into the part, to improve grip and reduce stress on the part. A further tweak optimises the part for printing in nylon/carbon fibre filament. I found this to be a lot more robust than ASA.

The parts were just installed and appear to fit and work as intended. I appreciate the demand for this part may be gone, but given the design work is all done, thought I'd check and see if anyone needed one before I shelve the files.

All the best
John

IMG_2042.jpg

For those of you who broke the bracket on OEM fog lights thinking, "I'll just buy another bracket, they must have those" then realized "wtf, I have to buy the whole damn light???"

Years ago I designed a replacement bracket that could be 3D printed. I've had these brackets holding my lights on for the past 3 years. When tried to remove them, I discovered frozen bolts. I know. So rare! I thought, "well, I'll just break off the brackets and print new ones." To my surprise, I had to use a fairly substantial set of channel locks to snap that sucker off.

I was impressed with how long the thing lasted. A testament to the durability of ABS.

At the moment, I'm printing up a new set. This time in ASA (like ABS with some benefits against UV).

For anyone interested in doing the same, let me know and I'll point you where to get the files.

First image is for a KC light. Second is for the OEM HELLA light.

View attachment 120104

View attachment 120106

Hi can you please send me the file for the second picture? Thank you!

Hi can you please send me the file for the second picture? Thank you!

Scroll up a little and look at what John in Ottawa posted. If you want my 3-piece version, download it here:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3921706

Hello from Ottawa. I'm not a Jeep owner but just printed a set of these for a friend in need. Based on the thingiverse design but with a couple of mods, one to improve strength near the cross bolt, a second to print the cross bolt thread right into the part, to improve grip and reduce stress on the part. A further tweak optimises the part for printing in nylon/carbon fibre filament. I found this to be a lot more robust than ASA.

The parts were just installed and appear to fit and work as intended. I appreciate the demand for this part may be gone, but given the design work is all done, thought I'd check and see if anyone needed one before I shelve the files.

All the best
John

View attachment 339609

good work. The only problem with printing this as one piece as you've done is that the areas taking the most load are printed in the weak direction. This is how it was originally designed and eventually the layers will separate. There is a lot of vibration where the light mounts. My current design is in 3 pieces to allow printing of those high load areas in the strong direction (force normal to layer direction). You can also print the one-piece in the strong direction, but your machine will need to be very good at printing support.

1685803370581.png

Last edited:
Just ordered the part to be printed. Thanks a ton for this.

For those of us that have the square hole on the bottom of our originial, broken brackets (not the hex like these designs) - does anyone happen to know the bolt size that fit these brackets? If not I can report back in a few weeks when I fiddle around and get it working.

For those of you who broke the bracket on OEM fog lights thinking, "I'll just buy another bracket, they must have those" then realized "wtf, I have to buy the whole damn light???"

Years ago I designed a replacement bracket that could be 3D printed. I've had these brackets holding my lights on for the past 3 years. When tried to remove them, I discovered frozen bolts. I know. So rare! I thought, "well, I'll just break off the brackets and print new ones." To my surprise, I had to use a fairly substantial set of channel locks to snap that sucker off.

I was impressed with how long the thing lasted. A testament to the durability of ABS.

At the moment, I'm printing up a new set. This time in ASA (like ABS with some benefits against UV).

For anyone interested in doing the same, let me know and I'll point you where to get the files.

View attachment 120104

View attachment 120106

Do you have a set I buy it from you

View attachment 120104

View attachment 120106

Do you have a set on hand I would buy it from you.

View attachment 120104

View attachment 120106

View attachment 120104

View attachment 120106

Hi, I am interested in the files. Can you please share them? Thanks,
Bob