Off Road Equipment Storage Question

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
What is your preferred storage system for gear, to keep it stable on tough trails.

I see the back seat coming out for sure.

It is a TJR platform -

Andy

Other than my cooler everything is in soft bags. That way they don’t gouge things up or roll around.
With the new teardrop trailer coming next I’ll have to pack my generator but that will stay in camp and not on the trail.

Reactions: L J and AndyG
Other than my cooler everything is in soft bags. That way they don’t gouge things up or roll around.
With the new teardrop trailer coming next I’ll have to pack my generator but that will stay in camp and not on the trail.

I noticed everything I had in bags did great

Reactions: Tob and L J
I don't have a backseat in the Muddog, I've even removed the hardware. To that end, I have this. This is my normal "Grocery Getter" daily setup, but everything comes out and can be replaced as needed. It's also relatively secure.

015.JPG

017.JPG

I noticed everything I had in bags did great

I built a platform in the rear of my LJ, it locates the uprights off the seat tracks and is turnbuckles down on all four corners. The height is so a quart of oil will stand up. I have a box for spares, oil, trans fluid,cam crank sensor. Spare hose, belt nuts bolts etc. I have one soft tool bag, one for recovery gear, and one for tire stuff, air up hoses, plug kit, starting fluid. Everything goes under platform.

I built a platform in the rear of my LJ, it locates the uprights off the seat tracks and is turnbuckles down on all four corners. The height is so a quart of oil will stand up. I have a box for spares, oil, trans fluid,cam crank sensor. Spare hose, belt nuts bolts etc. I have one soft tool bag, one for recovery gear, and one for tire stuff, air up hoses, plug kit, starting fluid. Everything goes under platform.

I would love to see a picture of that and you answered my other question and that was fluids

You guys are killing it

Reactions: Danarch
Cant wait til I no longer need the back seat.

Frontrunner Wolfpack boxes and aircraft style seat track.

Without the seatbelt stuff and seat brackets, I can get the boxes sideways between the fridge and wheel well. Doing that I think I could get two more boxes back there.

20220701_185211.jpg

20220701_201022.jpg

20220702_173149.jpg

I would love to see a picture of that and you answered my other question and that was fluids

You guys are killing it
The vertical panels locate into the seat tracks, then the top goes on between 1” x 2” runners mounted to the top. The front panel with a horizontal support to keep the top from bowing bolts to angle brackets attached to the uprights. The turn buckles attach to the deck brackets with through bolts to tie downs on the top of the deck. I can pull it out in about 10 minutes and put the seat back in if I want.

IMG_8959.jpeg

IMG_8949.jpeg

IMG_8951.jpeg

Back seat out and my gear fits perfectly in a medium duffel.

Kinetic strap, soft and steel shackles, jumper box, Viar compressor, ARB deflator, 2 socket sets, 1 Phillips and 1 flat head, couple sets of pliers and folding shovel.

Valve stems, zip ties, rubber mallet, tire patch kit, spare ignition actuator and gloves in the seat back pockets of my seat covers.

I also keep a 12x18 1" plank in the back for a stable base for the jack.

Plenty of room left for a cooler, jackets, etc.

Reactions: L J, RINC and AndyG
The vertical panels locate into the seat tracks, then the top goes on between 1” x 2” runners mounted to the top. The front panel with a horizontal support to keep the top from bowing bolts to angle brackets attached to the uprights. The turn buckles attach to the deck brackets with through bolts to tie downs on the top of the deck. I can pull it out in about 10 minutes and put the seat back in if I want.

View attachment 498986

View attachment 498987

View attachment 498988

Does the smaller
Box slide inside ?

Liking it ...

Does the smaller
Box slide inside ?

Liking it ...

Yes it slides underneath, i actually made all of it out of one sheet of 3/4 plywood. That’s why the front panel doesn’t go all the way to the sides but it does make a little compartment on each side outside the vertical panels

Reactions: AndyG