Official Craigslist Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep saw that yesterday. Wondered what was so cool lol

It was a custom fj45 that was basically a combination of an FJ40 and a FJ45 lengthened 28”. And it was on 37’s. Cool matte olive drab green color. Priced at 45,000.

It was a custom fj45 that was basically a combination of an FJ40 and a FJ45 lengthened 28”. And it was on 37’s. Cool matte olive drab green color. Priced at 45,000.
Damn I love that color. That’s one of my favs. My all time is a Nissan matte grey. I can’t remember the exact name, but I love it.

I hate salvage titles, should have posted before fix pics. Not a bad price all in all, but for me they blew it on the color change, looks like it is still in primer.

Wow... Almost 15k for a salvage title vehicle? It's worth half that at best, especially since it's not a Rubicon model either.

Some people are just stupid and don't realize that branded titles seriously affect resale value. Most insurance companies won't offer full coverage on salvage title vehicles, and banks won't finance them either.

I can find a non-branded title LJ for the same price or better in fantastic condition!

In my area you can't get Jeeps that cheap. Salvage titles can be anything from a dust up to a total. I have two vehicles with salvage titles and never had an issue with them. As far as insurance is concerned, I have full coverage on both and why in hell would you want to finance a 10 + year old Jeep? In any case to each his own. But I buy cars and trucks with salvage titles all the time and fix em to resale. You can get them cheap and people buy em. Some people are just snobbish about a word that really means nothing. You have to remember insurance companies will total a vehicle for a slow crawl fender bender. BTW, the Jeep in question was called about by a buddy of mine and the seller told him it hit the wire guard rail on a highway at 55 and the only thing changed was the paint. But hey, if you don't like it's your choice, it ain't my Jeep but don't knock something unless you know the story!

In my area you can't get Jeeps that cheap. Salvage titles can be anything from a dust up to a total. I have two vehicles with salvage titles and never had an issue with them. As far as insurance is concerned, I have full coverage on both and why in hell would you want to finance a 10 + year old Jeep? In any case to each his own. But I buy cars and trucks with salvage titles all the time and fix em to resale. You can get them cheap and people buy em. Some people are just snobbish about a word that really means nothing. You have to remember insurance companies will total a vehicle for a slow crawl fender bender. BTW, the Jeep in question was called about by a buddy of mine and the seller told him it hit the wire guard rail on a highway at 55 and the only thing changed was the paint. But hey, if you don't like it's your choice, it ain't my Jeep but don't knock something unless you know the story!
That is my biggest issue if considering a salvage title, don't just tell me it was a "light hit" show me the before picture and I will be a ton more comfortable with it. There are plenty of insurance companies now offering new car replacement for basic fender benders, it is their new marketing ploy. That creates tons of salvage titles. Now on the other hand, if you think I am going to pay near full price (of a non salvage) vehicle you are nuts they are still a tough sell.

https://capecod.craigslist.org/cto/d/1961-willys-cj5-jeep/6507577614.html
00e0e_ezvM2kLtO52_600x450.jpg

Reactions: Starrs
Status
Not open for further replies.