Official Craigslist Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, the ruined it with those wheels, bumpers, grill, and light rack!
@Chris you threw me off with the new avatar pic! Man they are getting big, pretty soon your wife will be picking out prom dresses with them and you will miss going to the bus stop with them in elementary school....scary but it does go by that fast!

@Chris you threw me off with the new avatar pic! Man they are getting big, pretty soon your wife will be picking out prom dresses with them and you will miss going to the bus stop with them in elementary school....scary but it does go by that fast!

Oh yeah, our 5 year old stars Kindergarten this year, and the youngest is growing quick. You're right though, it's been almost 6 years since we had our first, and I keep trying to figure out where all the time went!

IMG_0138.PNG
https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/jeep-golden-eagle-clone-1987/6608455634.html
Interesting Jeep, not sure about that grill. Round lights in a YJ grill looks wrong somehow. Why not just put a CJ front if it's a clone anyway?

Now that’s the lowest mileage TJ in the United States and the world!
Having been driven only 7 miles per month it's apt to have some issues. It's only had ~60 gals of fuel through itand it's possible (though unlikely) the oil has never been changed.

Reactions: cjaama
Having been driven only 7 miles per month it's apt to have some issues. It's only had ~60 gals of fuel through itand it's possible (though unlikely) the oil has never been changed.
Yeah, the local guy here who has a 2005 TJR with 3500 miles and a 2006 LJR with 3500 miles puts airline fuel in his lines. Not sure what that does, but that's what he told me. Supposed to eliminate problems from the Jeep just sitting. Still, pretty cool with such low miles. Bet the paint looks good. Bet the interior looks immaculate. Only issues would be the engine, tranny, mechanical. Bet the electrical is good as long as it's been stored well.

Reactions: 05 Blue Unlimited
Only issues would be the engine, tranny, mechanical. Bet the electrical is good as long as it's been stored well.
Oh, is that all? haha
I'd actually be concerned about the electrical as well if it sat anywhere that rodents could get to it.

Oh, is that all? haha
I'd actually be concerned about the electrical as well if it sat anywhere that rodents could get to it.
Ok, I guess a TJ with sub 2,000 miles is a bad idea! I guess I’ll just go for something in the 200,000 mile range

Reactions: Alex01
Ok, I guess a TJ with sub 2,000 miles is a bad idea! I guess I’ll just go for something in the 200,000 mile range
I’m just saying, you mentioned the drivetrain being a potential issue. That’s nothing to sneeze at. I mentioned potential electrical issues, which can be a nightmare. Tires get flat spots and crack, as well as anything else made of rubber… hoses, serp belt, bushings, gaskets, suspension, brake lines... Brakes like to be used including the parking brake. If gas sits it can cause fuel system issues. All fluids should be flushed and replaced. The a/c can dry out, you can have battery issues…

The seller is not the original owner, he bought it with 725 miles on it from someone who “stored it” for 10 years. The guy gives absolutely no information on what has been done to maintain the vehicle.

The wheels, bumpers, side steps, lightbar and color aren’t my taste at all. Honesly, I would rather own a <$10k Rubicon with 200kmi that was clean, driven and maintained and wouldn’t be afraid to drive it, much less wheel it than drive this ugly thing.

Reactions: Starrs
I’m just saying, you mentioned the drivetrain being a potential issue. That’s nothing to sneeze at. I mentioned potential electrical issues, which can be a nightmare. Tires get flat spots and crack, as well as anything else made of rubber… hoses, serp belt, bushings, gaskets, suspension, brake lines... Brakes like to be used including the parking brake. If gas sits it can cause fuel system issues. All fluids should be flushed and replaced. The a/c can dry out, you can have battery issues…

The seller is not the original owner, he bought it with 725 miles on it from someone who “stored it” for 10 years. The guy gives absolutely no information on what has been done to maintain the vehicle.

The wheels, bumpers, side steps, lightbar and color aren’t my taste at all. Honesly, I would rather own a <$10k Rubicon with 200kmi that was clean, driven and maintained and wouldn’t be afraid to drive it, much less wheel it than drive this ugly thing.
I agree the chrome is ugly. And it’s OBVIOUS you would look it over personally before buying it and barter over issues. :) Not trying to argue. Just said it was likely the lowest mileage TJ in the country and if stored “properly” would likely have no electrical issues.

Reactions: cjaama

CL

1973 Karmann Ghia *COMPLETE - $950 (Monterey)

< image 4 of 7 >
00x0x_aMZGDDzaFga_600x450.jpg

00909_9EO039Qn5s9_600x450.jpg

00O0O_gb97AlrZEZ3_600x450.jpg

00707_kFirYlWDUHC_600x450.jpg

00n0n_hnHPDMfPbNi_600x450.jpg

00J0J_bOYxHAkRf3C_600x450.jpg

00D0D_bueKFHoQLYg_600x450.jpg

00x0x_aMZGDDzaFga_50x50c.jpg
00909_9EO039Qn5s9_50x50c.jpg
00O0O_gb97AlrZEZ3_50x50c.jpg
00707_kFirYlWDUHC_50x50c.jpg
00n0n_hnHPDMfPbNi_50x50c.jpg
00J0J_bOYxHAkRf3C_50x50c.jpg
00D0D_bueKFHoQLYg_50x50c.jpg

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

1973 volkswagen karman ghia

fuel: gas
title status: clean
transmission: manual

For sale is a 1973 Karmann Ghia. It's complete, but needs lots of work. The car has some rust, but would make a great project. show contact info
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 6611915356

posted: 6 days ago

updated: about an hour ago

Complete? Complete Piece of crap! Some rust? More rust than a junk yard!

CL

1973 Karmann Ghia *COMPLETE - $950 (Monterey)

< image 4 of 7 >
View attachment 44287
View attachment 44288
View attachment 44289
View attachment 44290
View attachment 44291
View attachment 44292
View attachment 44293
View attachment 44294View attachment 44295View attachment 44296View attachment 44297View attachment 44298View attachment 44299View attachment 44300

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

1973 volkswagen karman ghia

fuel: gas
title status: clean
transmission: manual

For sale is a 1973 Karmann Ghia. It's complete, but needs lots of work. The car has some rust, but would make a great project. show contact info

• do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 6611915356

posted: 6 days ago

updated: about an hour ago

Complete? Complete Piece of crap! Some rust? More rust than a junk yard!
Just like beauty a lots in the eye of the beholder...on this one I think he had one eye closed

Status
Not open for further replies.