Official hardtop removal date?

My soft top has been on my Jeep for a total of 10 minutes since I've owned it, and that was the drive home from the dealership.

Even in Idaho I'd drive my YJ topless year round. I'd carry a small broom to brush the snow off the seats in the winter.

Today seemed good. Rained a little bit I caught a break. This twill material is bad to the bone!

2759C6D6-829A-4FFE-A6BA-163F0D45FF7A.jpeg

Reactions: IPerkWVU
Once the snow blower goes into hiding I can stack the TR6 under the corvette on the lift and the TJ can take the second garage spot with no top and only half doors.....sorry no hard top.

Reactions: AndyG
For the life of me I can't understand any practical need for daylight savings time.

Daylight savings time and standard time are both pretty much the same thing, they are just time. The biggest issue is what time it gets light or gets dark outside during winter and it gets worse the further north you go. Sometime in the early 1970s the USA skipped returning to standard time and I remember waiting for the bus to grade school in total darkness. The other years when standard time was used my dad would get home from work about 5:45 PM in pretty much total darkness.

To split the difference I think the whole world should just jump 1/2 hour toward whatever time isn't being used at that particular moment and never change it again.

Reactions: AndyG and bromel
I was born and grew up in Tucson, went to NAU for 3 years, moved to Phoenix in 1988. I don't think I've used AC more than 30 times in my life when my wife wasn't in the car.
You are a real Man! I was born and grew up in Seattle, and I used AC there. I don't think I have ever been in anything over 103 degrees till I was over 40, and moved to AZ, and have survived 120, and a part of me will never be the same.

My hats off to you, although I love love love the weather all year except summer, I really have a tough time with summer. Up until two years ago when I bought my TJ, My motorcycle was my daily driver for the last 15 years (one of the reasons why I moved here), and since my TJ hardly ever ride it anymore. I need my AC!

Thank you
Sure will, tomorrow! It’s amazing. The quality and feel is well worth the upgrade!
Thank you, I 've been trying to understand the soft top material differences ..I think mine is black diamond but I'm not sure .

It’s much thicker and feels velvety if that makes sense. I was told same material that BMW and Mercedes Benz use on their tops. It was a few hundred more. Well worth it!

I laugh at people who have a hard top on in Arizona. Im sure @ac_ agrees with this.

I have the soft top completely removed during the summer and only attach it with the monsoon season.

Reactions: ac_