Official hardtop removal date?

I laugh at people who have a hard top on in Arizona. Im sure @ac_ agrees with this.

I have the soft top completely removed during the summer and only attach it with the monsoon season.

Gotta keep the rain out. Do you have a spiderwebshade or something similar to keep the sun off? I'm loving no top right now, but the weather is perfect

Last edited:
Reactions: ac_
Gotta keep the rain out. Do you have a spiderwebshade or something similar to keep the sun off? I'm loving no top right now, but the weather is perfect
I have an alien sun shade i put on when it hits 90+. I might put it on next week. The sun does start to hurt the bald spot.

When you don't have a hard top, you don't need to worry about removing it! ;)
Exactly.

I didn't have this problem til I got one . I really like it ...but man I love the top off.

Today seemed like a good day to switch over to half doors and soft top

2EC879C2-AA3E-44C0-88FC-A6F4FC3682FF.jpeg

I have a trek top and as @Boinked indicated when it starts getting hot I put the safari top part on then when it starts hitting double digits doors and windows go back on.

I have an alien sun shade i put on when it hits 90+. I might put it on next week. The sun does start to hurt the bald spot.
My wife bought me sunscreen today to protect my bald "spot" (more like my whole head). Gotta put the new soft top on because we're going to Flagstaff next weekend for my daughter's birthday. There's no way my wife would enjoy a topless ride for 2 hours.

I have a trek top and as @Boinked indicated when it starts getting hot I put the safari top part on then when it starts hitting double digits doors and windows go back on.
I'll see how it goes. I have aftermarket ac and the PO (my dad) told me it sucks. That and the soft vs. hard top is why I have the tj and he has a new yj.

Todays the day.

By myself without a lift.
Have had a few guys asking for pictures so here they are.

I used to use a table/workbench built at the right height but space is at a premium so I use my trailer instead. It is a bit low but it still works, ideal height is about an inch higher than it sits on the Jeep.

Takes about 15 minutes. Undo the 6 bolts. Unclip the windshield. Check all is loose. Window up. Tailgate closed. Back up to touch the trailer. And inch the top off, about 6" at a time, alternate sides. Try to keep the top from sliding off the edge of the body. And roll the Jeep ahead once clear. Throw a ratchet strap over the top. Done.

Putting the top back on is where having the stand an inch higher is an advantage.

TOP OFF 002.jpeg

TOP OFF 003.jpeg

Usually beginning of May-ish here in UT, then it's just a safari top for the summer. I'm going to try and rig up a hoist this weekend to make it a little less arduous.

Ok that TJ is far tooo shiny... but I love the Bridger knock offs, whose wheels are those?
Actually that was a post wheeling trip. My first and last time running thru mud puddles. Such a pain to clean everything. The wheels are quadratec rubicon extremes in gunmetal

I suppose it's much easier to remove the top when you have a soft top. Removing the hardtop can be a pain, even with a hoist like I have.
Not when you have good neighbors and 4 teenage boys🤓. No hoist, but plenty of help. It comes on and off depending on rain. We don’t get much in West Texas, but when we do it comes with severe weather. Mine is off until Tuesday. Back on for two days, then back to no doors or top. Love this time of year.

Reactions: Chris
Not when you have good neighbors and 4 teenage boys🤓. No hoist, but plenty of help. It comes on and off depending on rain. We don’t get much in West Texas, but when we do it comes with severe weather. Mine is off until Tuesday. Back on for two days, then back to no doors or top. Love this time of year.
I yanked mine , it was getting close to 80 degrees.

Today is 47 and I'm headed out with the top off on an errand .

Lord .

My soft top is folded back now, I'm too ready for spring /summer.

• Haha
Reactions: Chapman4266