Oh how I love my TJ...

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Just some thoughts after driving my TJ today in this exceptionally nice and sunny weather...

It brakes like a barge coming down the Mississippi, it gets the crappiest gas mileage imaginable, and it could definitely have more in the power department.

Despite all it's short comings, it simply doesn't matter, because nothing makes me smile like driving my TJ.

I've owned M3s, M5s, and all sorts of other fun, fast cars. But getting in my TJ and driving slow, taking my time, and just putting around... it's more exciting than any "fast" car.

It's like all of the TJs flaws just make you love it even more. They give it real character!

Just some thoughts after driving my TJ today in this exceptionally nice and sunny weather...

It brakes like a barge coming down the Mississippi, it gets the crappiest gas mileage imaginable, and it could definitely have more in the power department.

Despite all it's short comings, it simply doesn't matter, because nothing makes me smile like driving my TJ.

I've owned M3s, M5s, and all sorts of other fun, fast cars. But getting in my TJ and driving slow, taking my time, and just putting around... it's more exciting than any "fast" car.

It's like all of the TJs flaws just make you love it even more. They give it real character!

Wait, you guys have sunshine down there? What's that like? My most recent upgrade is another coat of RainX.... :zplayita:

Yes, people really mean it when they say that they look for an excuse to get in their TJ and just drive somewhere... and take the long way! You don't even care about going fast, you just like driving it. By most peoples standards it's a unrefined pig on wheels, but those people clearly don't know what they're missing.

I've found that I enjoy taking it through drive-thru windows with my daughter when she wants a kids meal. When I do that without the top or doors on, it's kind of a cool experience for some reason!

Wait, you guys have sunshine down there? What's that like? My most recent upgrade is another coat of RainX.... :zplayita:

We've had nothing but sunshine, blue skies, and dare I say "warm" weather this week!

While I've yet to drive a TJ with the top off, I've owned a number of convertibles. Driving at night sans the top is my fave, and I look forward to the wife and I being able to do that in our TJ.
You guys will LOVE it, cant wait to hear your up and running..if I cant sleep I go for a drive at night doorless and topless...doesn't have to be warm just dry haha

As a nooB jeep/Wrangler/TJ owner of 3 months, I'm relieved to read all the above, I was beginning to wonder if I had a new disease.... lol. ... maybe TJ Euphoria... :)
No it is just easily contracted by reading this forum.....@chris, @Starrs and @JamesAndTheSahara are the major carriers spreading it at this moment!

I also love driving my TJ. I have a hard time deciding whether I want to ride my Harley or take the jeep. To put it into perspective, I sold my JKU because it sat in my driveway for so long it had cob webs inside it (I put 18,000 miles on my Harley that year). The TJ is different. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What we have there is no cure lol.....I have used this pic before a while back but this pic sums it up nicely. lol

feel.jpg

Yes, people really mean it when they say that they look for an excuse to get in their TJ and just drive somewhere... and take the long way! You don't even care about going fast, you just like driving it. By most peoples standards it's a unrefined pig on wheels, but those people clearly don't know what they're missing.

I've found that I enjoy taking it through drive-thru windows with my daughter when she wants a kids meal. When I do that without the top or doors on, it's kind of a cool experience for some reason!
Me and beother were together last week and needed to go pick up a truck from the bodyshop. He asked if I wanted to take the Hellcat or did I want to take my LJ....we both naturally walked to the Jeep.

Me and beother were together last week and needed to go pick up a truck from the bodyshop. He asked if I wanted to take the Hellcat or did I want to take my LJ....we both naturally walked to the Jeep.

I don't blame you one bit. It's hard to put my finger on one thing in particular, but cruising around in a TJ is more fun than riding around in any fast car!

Reactions: Phungki and KCsTJ