Oh how I love my TJ...

That is why I hate to even mod my TJs for it becomes un-original just like the rest.

Yeah, but you’ve gotta have better tires than the stock ones if you want to go places. But this is also why I’m going very easy on the mods with my latest build.

Yeah, but you’ve gotta have better tires than the stock ones if you want to go places. But this is also why I’m going very easy on the mods with my latest build.
Yes, I have KO2 31" to both of them. I added an air compressor inside the hood, that's all the mod I did. It's for my own safety out in the road or trails.

Reactions: Chris
This is an interesting thread. Are we extremists? Having a high powered German car that is super fast and a Jeep TJ? What I find odd is I am looking forward to driving my TJ more than my S5 for some odd reason. My S5 drives itself and does everything so well that it is sort of boring and to push the S5 to its limits could certainly lead to jail time as going 140 mph is ho-hum for it. Now driving a TJ takes me back to 1970 in comparison. I find that more exciting and fun for some reason. I just can't wait to get it on the road. Love all the German cars as complements to our TJ's. Hilarious.
I have long maintained that it's far more fun to push a limited, un-inspirational car to its limits than it is to drive a refined, highly capable car. You can feel like you're livin' on the edge when pushing some of yesteryear's old iron through a corner, let me tell you! :D

Chris, I agree somewhat! I find it therapeutic to work on my TJ as it takes me back to the days of working on my Mk2 GLi. However, I do love my German Sedan! Modifying it is almost as exciting, although I can't work on it myself as easily as the TJ. See the TJ with its stable mate hibernating:

View attachment 31506

Here is a better pic:

View attachment 31507
So do you..ummm 'Transport' stuff with that Audi S6....hehe

Reactions: Chris
What a great series of Movies and Shows! It puts a grin on my face every time I start it. So does the TJ in a different way!
Yeah I’m right there with you on that one...great movies and a great car as well, gotta love the RS series on Audi’s..I fell in love with them when I first saw the original RS4 wagons, but my love affair started with the Rally edition Audi Quattro, That thing dominated at the time.

Reactions: BayTJ
Yes, I have KO2 31" to both of them. I added an air compressor inside the hood, that's all the mod I did. It's for my own safety out in the road or trails.

Wait just a darn second here...what happened to mod-free, just-as-they-come-from-the-factory only TJs?? Unless you are driving a Rubicon, there's no stinkin' 31" tires on TJs from the factory...:p

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Chris
Wait just a darn second here...what happened to mod-free, just-as-they-come-from-the-factory only TJs?? Unless you are driving a Rubicon, there's no stinkin' 31" tires on TJs from the factory...:p
lol When I started in this Forum way back when, I mentioned that I have only one upgrade and it's the tires. I still keep the OEM Rims :)

Reactions: Kiwi TJ