Votes: 0 0.0%
  • X

• Rubicon

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Willys

• Total voters
I don't know if it's just the way it's parked but it looks like it's leaning to the passenger side in pictures 2 & 5, could be one of the wheels is in a depression in the pavement but that's one thing I'd look at

Reactions: xXshutterflyXx
There's definitely something going on with the body on the front passenger side in the second photo...

I thought that too.

I also can see some rust on the frame that looks like it may have been painted over to make it look better. I think this is one of those vehicles I've had to see close up, because I want to say that it's "hiding" things.

I'm also weary of 3 accidents. One accident might be understandable if it was something small... but 3?

I know... I can see some surface rust spots, but based on photos it looked "clean" by wheel well frame that you could kinda see...and looking at the photos closer, as others mentioned, it does seem off or slightly tilted...

It starred in carfax that 1 accident was into a mailbox (which, I'm sorry, that's still funny to me that somehow damage from something like that had to be reported/fixed...how BAD could it have been from a mailbox!?!)
The other 2 were 1 from each of the owners, total of 3 owners. One had an accident in the front end, the 22nd was hit from behind....that's all I know

That's one of those vehicles that you'd have to see it in person to really know. You'd want to check body gaps to see if they line up (to see if the accidents were repaired correctly), check out the quality of the paint, frame, etc.

But just based on the accidents and what I see on the frame, I would pass on it personally.

Here is what I know living in NJ and buying a TJ recently. There is a lot of sh** and lot of gems out there. And both get picked up real quick. You get what you pay for. 5k is not enough to get you a rust free one in good shape. Save up maybe 2-3k more and then you will get better candidates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is picture #12. Look at the sway bar end links were they attach at the axle. The passenger side is down about were it should be. The driver side looks to be up higher than what I remember them to be. Or the end links are at different lengths. Either way I believe this is whats causing the passenger side to be lower than the driver side.
640x480.jpg

This is picture #12. Look at the sway bar end links were they attach at the axle. The passenger side is down about were it should be. The driver side looks to be up higher than what I remember them to be. Or the end links are at different lengths. Either way I believe this is whats causing the passenger side to be lower than the driver side.
View attachment 42973

I wonder how it got that way, especially when those sway bar links don't appear to be adjustable.

Either the sway bar is bent, or someone homemade those sway bar end links and made one side longer than the other, haha!

I wonder how it got that way, especially when those sway bar links don't appear to be adjustable.

Either the sway bar is bent, or someone homemade those sway bar end links and made one side longer than the other, haha!

I think the drive side sway bar mount has been altered in a way that it is higher then what it should be.

Thank you for all the replys!!!

I apologize for the last response, it's been a little hectic here past 2 weeks with a family member being in the hospital.

That is a really good eye, as i didnt seem to notice it on the pictures until you pointed that out. I have saved a few hundred more, and am going to keep saving to find the right one. It doesn't have to be perfect, and if actually like to make some repairs on it, as i want to be able to work on my jeep, so repairs don't bother me. I just want to make sure her bones are good. :)

I haven't been looking lately with everything going on, but I'm hoping to find the right one soon. It would be nice to find one before the end of summer, but I'm not rushing it.

Thanks guys!!!

Thank you for all the replys!!!

I apologize for the last response, it's been a little hectic here past 2 weeks with a family member being in the hospital.

That is a really good eye, as i didnt seem to notice it on the pictures until you pointed that out. I have saved a few hundred more, and am going to keep saving to find the right one. It doesn't have to be perfect, and if actually like to make some repairs on it, as i want to be able to work on my jeep, so repairs don't bother me. I just want to make sure her bones are good. :)

I haven't been looking lately with everything going on, but I'm hoping to find the right one soon. It would be nice to find one before the end of summer, but I'm not rushing it.

Thanks guys!!!

Sometimes you just have to back off a bit and then it happens. You'll find one and it will be just what you're looking for.

Sometimes you just have to back off a bit and then it happens. You'll find one and it will be just what you're looking for.

I know!
I've saved SO long as I set the goal of $5k for myself before I even wanted to START looking for my Jeep.
I know myself and if I had started looking before, I would have probably found something, HAD to have it and then not be able to get it without financing (which I LOATHE and strongly avoid doing) so, I decided 3 years ago that in order to get what i wanted, I had to just be patient.

Needless to say, once I reached that $5k in April, I was excited to have not only reached my goal, but to actually start looking for my Jeep. It was tough though, as I was torn between another XJ or a TJ. However, since back in 2007-2009 I already had the XJ experience (which I LOVED) I decided that a TJ was the way I wanted to go.

So, now I'm here.
Getting to talk to everyone, find out some great pointers and learning how to look at things from another perspective has been super valuable and MUCH appreciated from everyone on here. I seriously cant wait until I do find my TJ with good bones to start making my dream TJ.
Then, obviously sharing that projected with you all here. Damn... I'm so ready for it already. heh

Reactions: JMT and Dawghouse