Oil pressure gauge reading

Hi all.
Exact same problem. Starting it cold, good pressure. When the oil heats up, after about 10 minutes, the gauge falls to zero when I stop at a red, it beeps and the “check gauges” light comes on.

- brought it to dealership, he hooked up a pressure gauge and showed me video of it working fine.

- I’ve had oil changes, still happens.

-I replaced the sender, still happens.

- oil is not leaking anywhere. Dipstick reads the same as it did when I got my last oil change.

Kind of at a loss. Might try heavier oil. Is that bad for the engine?

one guy on Facebook said he had this happen until a “rod bearing spun out and killed his engine”. Scares me but I don’t think that’s the issue.

I swapped mine out about 3-4 times till i found one that would work properly.

One thing I did do that i feel made a difference was use a mopar filter. It seems to like them better.

Hi, resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has found a fix for this common issue. Ive replaced the sending unit twice with no results and my mechanic is telling me it's " driver" on the gauge itself. He has a guy who takes apart the dash and replaces all the gauge drivers at a cost of around $300. Has anybody heard of this?
Thanks

Hi, resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has found a fix for this common issue. Ive replaced the sending unit twice with no results and my mechanic is telling me it's " driver" on the gauge itself. He has a guy who takes apart the dash and replaces all the gauge drivers at a cost of around $300. Has anybody heard of this?
Thanks
I have seen it done on ford's and chevy and others. But never thought about looking for my jeep.

Thanks
What year and engine? 90% of the time it's the sending unit, 10% wiring issue.
I've never seen the gauge itself go bad, but that's not to say it isn't possible.

Thanks
Where did you get the sensor? AutoZone and orielly ones always read zero at warm idle for me after a few months.