Older Jeeps compared to the JK's

Dang. I'm lame. I had to look up what an LJ was. Having that extra bedspace would be nice I'll admit. This weekend I used my TJ to haul lumber... Would have been nice having the longer bed.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
There can be no question about it. A stock JK with a good driver will out wheel a stock TJ / LJ with a good driver. There's just no getting around that.
I will agree to disagree...when I was at a Jeep event in Columbiana OH, I watched a slew of built, very well built JK's go through an obstacle course and they kept getting stuck almost every time, they had multiple degrees of experience. then I watched a CJ2A all original with the hurricane four rip through the whole course as if the course was designed for power wheels. so what I am saying is yes the JK's have all the great modern improvements BUT with that comes size and weight. That is why I say the TJ is the best of both worlds. It has some modern upgrades BUT it doesn't sacrifice the weight and size..

I have experienced the same thing. I love wheeling with people with these $50k plus JK's with the same thing on their minds. Going to show the LJ up. It has never happened. I have heard excuse after excuse. You messed up the trail and you were first. If you hadnt of done that I wouldof went up just fine. LOL so I go back down and idle back up again. So wht is your excuse now. Then they get upset and tell me F-you

I will agree to disagree...
Same here, I won't agree with Chris that a stock JK which is wider and heavier will out wheel a stock TJ when both are driven by equally talented drivers. And if I were building my dream Jeep for extreme level trails I'd choose the easier to work on TJ any day.

Reactions: FTI76 and Ted
Same here, I won't agree with Chris that a stock JK which is wider and heavier will out wheel a stock TJ when both are driven by equally talented drivers.

Nope. I can take mine down trail and they cant. We had a place in Idaho we named the Triad. Went from about 3500 ft up to 8000. It was a huge triangle that was cut out for ATV's. We could do it int he TJ's and YJ's. The JK's were shit out of luck. Had to fold the mirrors in and many still lost them. Its a trail that makes your ass bite into the seat.

Usually when a JK came along on any of our runs they ended up turning back.

I have been a military tech for going on 18 years now....and to me the JKU looks a little similar to the HMMWV. So for me, I just dont see me getting a 4 door.

Most people with a brand new JK Rubicon that just spent 40K on it, probably don't want to get it all scratched up haha. Unless you have money to spare!

First thing 90% do it cut their fenders. The put a crappy lift on it because we have one place to get stuff and he stocks what he makes the most profit on. Skycrapper, RC or Zone. The ones with money pay the shipping for the good stuff, upgrade axles and such.

First thing 90% do it cut their fenders. The put a crappy lift on it because we have one place to get stuff and he stocks what he makes the most profit on. Skycrapper, RC or Zone. The ones with money pay the shipping for the good stuff, upgrade axles and such.

In other words, they can afford they expensive JK, they just can't afford the quality parts :D

Basically and when you ask why they cheaped out on parts they get seriously butt hurt.

I'll bet they also get butt hurt when you asked what the monthly payments on their financed JK are.

I'll bet a lot of them are modifying a vehicle they don't even technically own, haha.

Reactions: _Bet_ and PCO6
I'll bet they also get butt hurt when you asked what the monthly payments on their financed JK are.

I'll bet a lot of them are modifying a vehicle they don't even technically own, haha.
And might even be leased! A guy around here got into a bit of trouble when his came due.

And might even be leased! A guy around here got into a bit of trouble when his came due.

Ha, that doesn't surprise me either!

I always laugh when I find out some guy has financed his $40,000 JKU and already dumped 20k worth of mods into it.

Don't you think the smart thing to do would be to pay off the vehicle first?

I've been asked many times by my friends why I don't ditch my '98 TJ and get a new JK. They usually ask right after I tell them about my latest repair fiasco/upgrade plans/maintenance check. They seem to see it all as a waste of time. I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment when I get it right and everything is running smooth(ish).
Even though JK's are comfortable and capable, my next purchase will hopefully beView attachment 8567 an LJ.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

I love the look of those wheels. I dunno why but I just do. It gives it a real jeep look.