OME 2933/2942 install: Which side do the taller ones go on?

WallyWest

TJ Addict
Think I've seen a thread about it here before but can't find it now.

I want to say the taller springs go on the passenger side but I'm not positive.

https://www.procompusa.com/aux_incl/pdf.ashx?pdf=9799.pdf&line=ARB
Generally you want the taller front spring on the driver side and the taller rear spring on the passenger side. With 933/942, my LJ is almost perfectly equal, 1/8” taller front driver side and rear passenger side.

Good luck with the front springs. You’ll probably find that disconnecting the track bar at the axle makes it easier to drop the axle enough to get the springs in.

Reactions: KimsJeep
Thanks, I borrowed a spring compressor from Advance for the fronts.

So passenger rear and driver front for the taller springs? That seems counter productive.

Yeah, spring compressors are dangerous and time-consuming to use. The only issue you’ll run into by disconnecting the stock track bar is that it won’t be long enough to reconnect without pushing the frame over a bit until the holes line up.

I believe the logic behind spring placement is to compensate for driver weight and torque during acceleration. Whatever the logic, it’s worked out every time I’ve installed OME springs.

Last edited:
Tall spring driver side front and passenger side rear for left hand drive.

Ok, so I must be doing something wrong. Disconnected both sides of the sway bar, and the shocks at the axle. Got the old, stock, worn out springs out but they did not just fall off. At near full stop on one side still had to use a pry bar to get the springs out.

Based on that you can guess how putting the new 2" lift springs is going. Got the passenger side on with a lot of swearing. The driver side, yikes. I have it flexed to the point that the brake line is stretched tight, not even close to enough room. And yes, I put the taller spring on the passenger side.

I did not disconnect the track bar, but it doesn't appear to be resisting the flex anyway.

That's the only thing I suggested you unbolt.

LoL, ok, sorry missed that. I read in one of the how to guides that's the one thing you don't need to unbolt. So are you saying that's totally backwards? Like don't even bother with the shocks and sway bar?

LoL, ok, sorry missed that. I read in one of the how to guides that's the one thing you don't need to unbolt. So are you saying that's totally backwards? Like don't even bother with the shocks and sway bar?

Disconnect the shocks and sway bar. Loosen any track bar and control arm ends that use a rubber bushing, but do not remove.

So you guys think I should add some spacers to the front?

LoL

Seems to be sitting nice and level in the rear, we'll see how it settles in. I got about 3.5 inches lift from where I was, but the old springs were sagging so that's about right. The standard, 0-2" lift height, Rancho RS5000X shocks are indeed perfect with these springs.

IMG_20200607_194058052_HDR.jpg

Just finished doing my lift as well, I unbolted the lower control arms from the frame and it gave me the room I needed for springs to come right out. Just ordered myself some .75" spacers for the front because mine looks pretty darn close to yours lol.