OME Spring Rates

Hi, I have spent the last few weeks sifting through the forum learning about suspension for my Jeep. I have a 1997 4.0 TJ. It's running some 30 inch BFG All Terrain KOs (the old ones) that will be needing replacing soon, so I figure I may as well replace it with a bigger tire.

I am leaning toward 33s with OME springs, Rancho RS5000x shocks, and the JKS 1.25 body lift and MM lift.

Though I am not certain which spring rate to go for. My jeep is a soft top, and usually does not usually have a back seat. Though I may get a toolbox for storage. (Weighs 80 lbs). I am planning on getting a Dirtworx front bumper (weighs 45 pounds) and am more likely to get a tailgate reinforcement than a swing away tire carrier. Currently a winch is not part of the plan.

Currently it's my DD, I haven't done much offroading with it other than basic camping, but would like to build it into a more capable vehicle and do some of our Colorado trails.

Which spring rates do you recommend? I was thinking the 2933 in the front and the 2942 in the rear. Or would a lighter rate in the rear be better? 2941 or 2941-M.
Also is a spacer recommended to level out the slight rake as well?

I am looking to future proof it. I'd prefer not to change things out multiple times if I can help it.

Thanks!!

I run the HD OME springs and haven't added any weight above the axles (and keep the backseat in). If anything I've removed weight! The ride to me is just fine, and as you said, I went to future proof it, so if I do add considerable weight my current setup will be capable of handling it. From what it sounds like you're adding I don't see why you wouldn't just go with the HD ones all around.

Reactions: Squirmin L Toad
It does, and as others have noted before it's the shocks that will determine your ride quality more than anything. The springs just allow you to add more weight without sagging so much. But yes, for what it's worth, I don't mind the ride one bit (OME shocks too) with those Ranchos you ought to be happy with how it turns out.

Hi, I have spent the last few weeks sifting through the forum learning about suspension for my Jeep. I have a 1997 4.0 TJ. It's running some 30 inch BFG All Terrain KOs (the old ones) that will be needing replacing soon, so I figure I may as well replace it with a bigger tire.

I am leaning toward 33s with OME springs, Rancho RS5000x shocks, and the JKS 1.25 body lift and MM lift.

Though I am not certain which spring rate to go for. My jeep is a soft top, and usually does not usually have a back seat. Though I may get a toolbox for storage. (Weighs 80 lbs). I am planning on getting a Dirtworx front bumper (weighs 45 pounds) and am more likely to get a tailgate reinforcement than a swing away tire carrier. Currently a winch is not part of the plan.

Currently it's my DD, I haven't done much offroading with it other than basic camping, but would like to build it into a more capable vehicle and do some of our Colorado trails.

Which spring rates do you recommend? I was thinking the 2933 in the front and the 2942 in the rear. Or would a lighter rate in the rear be better? 2941 or 2941-M.
Also is a spacer recommended to level out the slight rake as well?

I am looking to future proof it. I'd prefer not to change things out multiple times if I can help it.

Thanks!!

You should contact Dirk at DPG Offroad. He will talk you through the best options for you. You may have to pay for shipping, so the cost will be higher than Amazon, but the premium is worth it, paying for Dirks time and getting your lift done right. Plus he will answer any questions for you during your install, and afterwards.